1.18.2007

Snow Day!


We awoke to a beautiful winter wonder land that resulted in a snow delay for us both. In true Bennett fashion, we found the most exciting part of the morning to be the extra time to sleep! We snapped this lame photo from our apartment's porch and crawled back into bed to grab a few more winks. Then we tested the roads together by sampling BoJangle's breakfast menu and I was off on my own as I traveled the 30 minutes to work. I followed Josh's strict orders to drive slowly and stay on the non-slushy parts of the pavement which prevented me from joining the 5+ cars I saw that had careened off the road. The day was bleak and rainy/sleety, but did warm up just enough to melt away most of the snow. While today was fun and I am glad it is finally feeling like winter, I am still holding out for the opportunity to use my snow disc at the golf course down the street!

--donna :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) is your apartment building PINK??

2) donna plays disc golf? oooh we should go play sometime! :)


Maybe we'll get more of the white stuff on Sunday - I'm praying for it, so I can actually play in it this time. Have a fabulous weekend!! :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

rosie!
thanks for leaving a comment my swine-burne friend! to clarify:
1. no the apartment building is gray...i think i still had my camera set for taking night pictures which could explain the weird hues.
2. snow disc = snow saucer. you know, the big plastic thing that looks like a bowl and you sit in it and slide down snowy and icy hills? maybe i should have said saucer. i never could get into frisbee golf b/c sugar loves to fetch frisbees...

hoping for a massive snow on sunday so we don't have to work monday,
db

Ang said...

Hey you guys. We had a snow day this past week also. It was so pretty. We're hoping for more snow also, so maybe on Monday none of us will have to work.

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

i'm super sad:
a) i was too sick to enjoy the few minutes of white ground
b) no more snow came

can't wait to hang...
nw

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

p.s. - i tagged you!
:-)
http://www.livingmercy.blogspot.com