4.14.2007

Cary Road Race

I ran my first official race! Kimberly Holland and I trained for and completed a 10k (6 mile) race. This is my halfway mark in my training for a half marathon. It was chilly this morning and I was sleepy, here is our self portrait when we first arrived...

And our stinky selves after we finished...

I met my goal in finishing under one hour (barely!) with a time of 57:25. I then proceeded to go home and take a 2 hour nap. :) Thanks for rejoicing in my small accomplishment with me, now I'm off to Dairy Queen for my celebratory Kit Kat blizzard!
-db

10 comments:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

super rad!
i am so excited for you!!!

:o)
me=5K on April 21st. we'll see if i can do it.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Donna, I've run a few 10K's (probably can't run 10 min now) and always finish just over an hour...you did awesome!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's AWESOME! I thought I was cool b/c I ran a 5k one time, haha, but you're definately cooler than i'll ever be after completing a 10k! Congrats to you!

Jenny said...

That's awesome, Donna! I'm so proud to be your friend! I've never had a kit kat blizzard. That sounds awesome! Can you send me one? I also noticed that you are wearing a space camp shirt. Did you actually go to space camp? I always wanted to go so badly!

Anonymous said...

sorry j-fizzle, no space camp! it's a 2nd hand t-shirt. :) and the kit kat blizzard is new...and WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Your hard work and determination paid off! And you inspired me to walk a few extra laps at the gym this week. Love you. Mama B

Jenny said...

Inspired by your blizzard props, we headed out to get two. Yes, they are good. I don't think they chopped up my kit kat very well, so it was more like vanilla ice cream with large chunks of kit kat. Nevertheless, it was good. We didn't run a race prior to eating it, but I was wearing my previous pair of running shoes and my athletic pants, if that counts. We haven't been training for anything specific but are around 4 miles now. Stephen just mentioned something about running the Atlanta half-marathon again. Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

te felicito, che!
laura

The Mattox Family said...

Congrats on the run! You are a true woman. I have no desire to ever run again. High school basketball practices were enough to last me a lifetime. I did recently purchase a jogging stroller, however, which will be "walked" as soon as the weather warms up. I enjoyed skimming through your page and reading about all your adventures. Isn't God good to protect and provide when we are faithful with what he has given us. We have car issues too. We are praying that we will be able to get a minivan in the near future, without going into debt. Basically, we are praying for a miracle. Please pray for that with us. I hope things are going well in NC. Love,
Erin Mattox

Joni said...

Way to go Donna with your goal-oriented self! That's farther than my total running mileage in the last 10 months. You inspire me to set exercise goals and get my body going again! Good job super uber friend.