Movin' In With Mama
What a week! My sweet mama, Judi, had a heart attack and Josh and I arrived in Atlanta around 12am on Wednesday night. We were able to visit with her in the ICU at Eastside Hospital and then she was transfered to St. Joseph's on Thursday morning. She has been approved for a bypass surgery (PRAISE THE LORD) to help out her little heart. Right now her heart is only pumping out at 10-15%, which is obviously not good. Mom has been in GREAT spirits and is a cheerful patient. I am still in Atlanta, though Josh and Sugar had to return to Wake Forest. :( I am staying in the hospital with mom, we are on the top floor, so I refer to it as the pent-house suite. She is scheduled to have open heart surgery on Thursday and then I am told she will spend another week in the hospital. After that, if all goes well, I plan to live with her for another 6 weeks as she won't be able to live alone. And then, after that, we're not sure what our future holds, but thankfully our great God does! Please be praying for favor and grace with my job as I am calling Monday to find out how I can take off this much time and still receive a pay check. Many of you have been praying and encouraging our family and I can't thank you enough! Once I have my USB cord I will post some pics of my adventure with mama. :) And, most importantly, please keep Judi and her heart in your prayers.
8 comments:
Hey Donna!
We are praying for you and Judi! What time is the surgery on Wed?
love and prayers!
we're still not sure yet. once the surgeons meet with us, i will send out an email. thank you!
db pea
we are praying for you and your mom.
love,
t pea
Love and prayers! And DON'T stress about Wake Co they are usually very good about these kinds of things and sometimes people will donate vacation time to help you out. I will say a special pray regarding that. Keep us posted on your momma's progress and hang in there.
Okay I can't spell, please disregard my grammer in the previous post. HA!
I'll be thinking and praying for you and your Mom!
Cecilia
We will be praying for you and your mom. Hope everything's goes well. My dad had bypass surgery when I was in college and he's doing great now. And hey...if you get the sense of adventure...I'm just across the street at Northside. Come and visit!
Donna, we are totally praying for you and your mom! My dad also had a triple bypass a few years ago and now he is doing great...now all he does is show everyone his huge scar(gross!)...but I somehow don't think your mom will be doing that!! Ha!
Post a Comment