4.10.2007

Our Easter Adventure

The plan was simply really. Leave Wake Forest around 6pm on Tuesday evening (4/3) and arrive in Cumming, GA around midnight or so. We had a rental home to tend, family to love and friends to visit. We would then head back to NC on Saturday afternoon so Josh would be back for his churchly duties. We were ready for a road trip away from reality and left right on time. We were doing just fine and the plan was working well. Until about 10:30pm when we were near Greenville, SC. All of a sudden it sounded like two jedi knights were fighting a terrible battle under our hood. We made a pit stop and tinkered around and couldn't see or smell anything wrong. We continued on Hwy 85 South and the noises persisted. The radio was off, our stomachs were in knots and our prayers were fierce. Only by the grace of God we made it to Jefferson, GA. We puttered to the side of the highway and quickly made midnight phone calls to family, tow trucks and the mechanic.

Here is Sugar sniffing for the tow truck as she could not understand why we were just hanging out in the car on the side of the road.

Our poor Max being loaded onto the friendly tow truck.

Now this sounds terrible and frustrating, but Josh is always so good about looking at the "bright side" of things. He helped me to praise the Lord that despite the many hours I spend alone driving all over Raleigh, both times Max died on the side of the road, Josh and I were together. Also, we were so close to home that we were able to tow Max to our trustworthy mechanic and Josh's mom could pick us up and we didn't have to pay for a hotel room. Sadly enough Max needed a new engine. This was a major ordeal and unexpectedly delayed our stay until Monday evening. Below you'll find fun pictures of our friends and family.




We had a tiring trip, but it was wonderful to celebrate our risen Saviour with our sweet family. We hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

5 comments:

Hollie Carson said...

Hugh told me about Max. I'm so sorry ya'll had to go through that. :( I say "poopie" AND "sad day" to that.

Howeva, I am glad ya'll had fun with fam and friends.

Josh is always on the bright side, which is a great place to always keep your mind.

p.s. I don't want ya'll to leave us here. Whha!

Joni said...

The bright side is we got to see y'all twice! much fun! Now was the sound under the hood jedi knights or ducks quacking? Or Jedi knights quacking like ducks?

joni :)

Jenny said...

So sorry about your little Max! I'm sure that is so incredibly frustrating. I can empathize a little, but I know it's not the same. We hate that we couldn't come out for Easter because we really really miss you! And we love you, too!

Stephanie said...

Donna,
Those girls are Stephanie, Rebecca, and Rachel-right? They cheered with us my senior year at DHS!! Random! Crazy, and fun! How do you know them, from school? Are you their age? What are they doing with themselves now?
Sorry to hear about MAX again!
Steph Lyon

Rydel said...

You may want to pick up one of these just in case you meet any more jedi.