6.12.2007

Back in North Carolina


Josh and Sugar came to pack me up and bring me home yesterday afternoon. My mom and I both shed a few tears as we drove away and I can best describe the moment by comparing it to the day I left for college. :) But I am trusting in our great God to care for her and heal her little heart. We saw the cardiologist one more time before my departure and I was able to confirm that mom's heart was at the normal 55-60% range prior to her heart attack and the heart attack itself is what has weakened her heart. She has agreed to continue wearing the portable defibrillator and they have scheduled another echocardiogram in mid July. Mom's prayer is that her current ejection fraction of 20% will be above 35% which will allow her not to need the defibrillator implant. So in addition to her protection and encouragement, that it is our current prayer request for mama. She is having an assessment done this week to begin cardiac rehabilitation and has already returned back to her daily exercise routine. Josh is in the middle of his June summer class and will take another in July. He has begun looking for full time ministry positions, so let us know if you hear of anything! I return to work tomorrow despite my current battle with a summer cold. (I really like to keep things as complicated as possible :) Thanks again to all of you who prayed, listened, cooked, visited and encouraged during the past two months, we love you!

5 comments:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

glad you're back.

see you soon?

still have my dish?

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you're back home - you have been an excellent servant to your mom over the past few months. Let's get together soon. We don't leave for five more weeks, so we definitely need to go out one more time. Take care!!

Heather Cheatham said...

glad you are back in town, dinner at our place sometime soon?

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! Keeping your momma in my thoughts and prayers!!

Joni said...

I battled a summer cold at the beginning of June, it really stinks!

Glad you are back home and we'll chat soon!