The Greatest Time of the Year

![]()

Yes, that's right. College football is here!
I do realize that out of 140 some odd Braves games in a season, I have watched about 135. Hard to watch a Braves game in it's entirety on a Sunday afternoon, that's nap time. And I will admit that until Billy Elliott retired, sort-of, form NASCAR, I was captivated. And I do love to watch me some pro football. However there is really nothing like a Saturday in the Fall.
What other sport can cause a grown man to sit on his couch for 12:00 to 11:00 P.M.? Granted not all that time is spent "ON" the couch. There is the food. All week I am thinking about what I would like to eat on Sat. Will I have steak, chicken or hamburgers? Will I eat cake or cookies? And there is never any question as to what I will be drinking...Mt. Dew.
There is also the time honored tradition of tossing the football. Jocks of yesteryear stand in drive ways all across the South reliving the "Glory Days" and making resolutions to get rid of bellies and trim up biceps.
I love turning the sound off on the T.V. and turning on the radio to hear, "The Snake" and Eli call the game.
Yes, that's right. College football is here!
I love how every game means so much. (If you play in the SEC) I love to see the fans in the stands, the color,the tailgates. I love to see dad's holding daughters dressed in Crimson and White. I love cable t.v. I love watching 4 games simultaneously. I love college game day. (In Tuscaloosa) I love the passion of the players. They don't play for money, they play for pride, for the fans, to leave legacies. I love defense. I love pulling guards and Slobber-Knockers. I love blocked punts. I love the 3-4 and lock down corners. I love, "The Bear." I love tradition. I love listening to sports talk radio. I love reading tidesports.com, AL.com. I love checking, Rivals.com everyday to see who has committed.
Yes, that's right. College football is here!
Everyone is undefeated and expectations are high. The season is right on our door step. The temp is dropping and the long Labor Day weekend is upon us. Husband's don't forget your wives and wives please forgive us.
Yes, that's right. College football is here!
5 comments:
GOOOOOOOOO Dawgs, sic em!
The Hudgins FAM is pumped for football! We're eating burgers, wings, mexican layered dip, chips and salsa. Jordan is ready for his second season of cheering for the Gawga Dawgs!
Asah may hafta forgive his wife, not the other way around...i LUVVVVVVV college football!
yipee!
I love my wife because she wears orange and white on gameday!
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, I'm LOVING this time of year. It is most definately my fav of all fav time of the year. I like college football, what college football brings(great food, cold weather, and lots of talk'n with the gals at the par-tays). Even though football pretty much CAPTIVATES my husband until around February and I miss him dearly... I must say I have learned to like some foosball...(although not near as much as my hubs and the guys.) Great post josh! Go Dawgs! (hee-hee)p.s. I do believe that Hugh will probably start hoop'n and holler'n by just READING your post.
Yes, my friend ('s husband), college football is here. And all I have to comment is: War Eagle.
I have to agree w/ the Hudgins. GO DAWGS!!!
Loved your blog though! GREAT write up! I too love this time of year! Good luck to Bama. BEAT AUBURN!
Post a Comment