2.16.2008

City Slicker

I attended a two day training in downtown Atlanta for DFCS this past week. I was there Weds evening until Fri afternoon. I had valet parking, a high tech 24 hour work-out facility and a newspaper delivered to my door each morning. It was fun, but i'm glad to be back home!

Here is my sweet suite.




Fun lobby shot at the Hyatt and the view from my window.



I was on the 18th floor. EEK!


I rode Marta to Five Points each day to the Dept. of Human Resources Building (aka the state office for DFCS).



On the way to Marta each day we rode the steepest escalator I have EVER seen. I don't like heights and I am certain it violated some kind of safety code.



Josh drove down on Valentine's Day and we had a dinner date. I couldn't resist the night photo opps.




My eldest niece, Amber, is a freshman at Georgia State. We met up at the Peachtree Center mall for a late lunch before I headed home. I love her!

10 comments:

The Hartzog's said...

Wow, they really know how to put you up for a training course...NICE!! You guys look great all dressed up for your night out on the town valentines dinner.

Kelly Ford said...

We stayed at the Hyatt our first night together after our wedding! SO nice!

Anonymous said...

DFCS always treats you right on those trainings. The job serves as a strange contrast!
KTB

Anonymous said...

aren't we important getting a suite!

Anonymous said...

Could you imagine Wake Co ever splurging on that kinda suite. I am doubled over in laughter just thinking about it. HAHAHA!!! Before long Wake Co is gonna be telling us we have to provide our own sleeping bag and tents when conducting business out of town. HAHAHAH!

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

super nice.

we should splurge and stay there when i visit you. it will happen. i promise.

p.s. - i tagged you.
:o) go see.
livingmercy.blogspot.com

~nicole

Hollie Carson said...

Whoa! Hot Mama Donna!!! Ow! :) I bet you gave Josh a heart attack that night.

I miss ya'll.(pouty lip poking out). Whhhaa! Are ya'll coming to visit anytime soon? Are ya'll going to apply at North Wake? Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Joni said...

Fun days in the big city! Let's get together soon!!

Joni :)

Kim said...

FUN little getaway in the city you grew up in. =) I think it's always fun to stay downtown.
What did you actually do while you were there?
The escalator- I HATE that one! I can't look up; I have to stare at my feet.

Anonymous said...

Living the high life eh?