Dual Doppler 5000
When we lived in Wake Forest, there was a local news station that advertised its "dual doppler 5000" as the most powerful weather radar in the state. Apparently Josh feels he is the human dual doppler 5000 because when the tornado warning was blasted through the t.v. this past Saturday, he hopped into the car and became a real-live storm chaser. Just to clarify, this adventure was against my better judgment and I coninued my endless run on the treadmill refusing to join in his shananigans. Despite the danger, he captured some cool photos.



Thankfully our neighborhood escpaed any storm damage and the skies cleared by late afternoon. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at my favorite restaurant EVER, Provino's, and then I ran errands while Pastor Josh prepared his sermon. Sunday morning I awoke extra early to cook us a serious power breakfast of turkey bacon, grits, biscuits (they were frozen, don't give me too many props) and scrambled eggs. We had a long drive to the church and I needed to be on my best behavior and not showing my cranky-when-hungry side. The plan worked beautifully, though I did not think about my hair absorbing the smell of turkey bacon cooking....
We can only PRAISE THE LORD for what a wonderful Sunday we had!! Josh's sermon was amazing! And I am not just being a biased and proud wife. It was simply Jesus. His Word is so powerful and His faithfulness is far beyond what we deserve. We can't thank you all enough for your prayers and encouragement. The congregation was soooo sweet and I don't have enough time to tell you about the yummy goodness that was showered upon us at the covered-dish luncheon. Now we just continue to patiently wait and pray. This time around we have no expectations and are humbly waiting on God to lead us to His perfectly planned position, wherever that may be! On the drive home we passed a pefect photo opp and I just couldn't resist. :o)

10 comments:
Hey you silly kids -
Why storm chase when Paul Ossmann rolls up his sleeves and you can watch the power plus one million all day?? I think that kicks the dual doppler 5000's rear anyday!
Joni :)
Well, I always jump whenever I see you've updated your blog b/c I think "are they going to have a baby?!". But now I see that maybe Josh has some craziness to work out before he becomes a daddy - that, or else little Junior will be quite the storm chaser one day! :)
Seriously, I am so happy for ya'll that things went so well. Keep us posted!
Leah
the photo op? was that in dawsonville, because we talked about doing that in college and never did. thanks for the update. you guys are in our prayers as you patiently wait for the Lord's timing.
Happy that ya'll are safe in your neck of the woods too! Being a storm chaser would be such a fun job!! I'm with Josh... if anything cool would have happened here and I wasn't already working and trying to save our moonwalk, I'd be chasing! Love the pics!
ya'll are so cute.
i miss you two.
hollie sent me our old college videos and josh you are all over them. we look so much younger (and even sillier!)
storm chaser...nice...endless run on the treadmill...not nice.
Is Josh picking the gorilla's nose? And the bunny must be a pretty good kisser, because Donna has the heel kick happening!
In all seriousness, great news, and we'll continue to remember you guys in the weeks that come.
Yes, I don't like to show my "cranky when hungry" personality much either. It gives a really bad impression, but I'm glad that I can share those emergency french fry experiences with you. Congrats on such a fun time. We're praying for patience and peace in the waiting (but that it may end soon).
Ahh storm chasing sounds fun we were sorely disappointed that we had pretty much zero. I am excited and praying for you guys about the possible job opportunity. I miss knowing you are around even if we were all too busy to get together. Have a great Easter weekend! - Heather
Oh my stars, I can't believe he got IN his car- never a good place to be. But I do love the pictures.
Post a Comment