3.02.2008

Orchard Hill

Well folks, the very first home we ever owned is soon to be officially on the market. We purchased this house right before we got married, lived in it for about 8 months and then rented it out while we've been in Wake Forest. The frozen pipe repairs are complete and we've spent many hours sprucing it up and getting it ready to sell. For those of you who saw the house when we first purchased it in 2003, you can appreciate how very far the house has come. Somehow we don't have pictures that show the mud hill that existed prior to Josh's land-scape and wall building skills or the flat all-one-color beige that covered the ENTIRE interior upon purchase. Enjoy the virtual tour and join us in prayer for a quick sale!



Josh rocked out the porch with a fresh coat of paint. I was assigned the task of lattice painting. I now hate lattice more than I ever have before.


Here is the high tech sound system that kept us jammin' out during the work sessions.

Living room and kitchen...


One of the two identical bedrooms and the bathroom. Please note the renovation we are most proud of in the bathroom pic. We replaced a nasty ol' mirrored medicine cabinet with an antique door mirror and modern lights. :o)


Front yard. Despite Josh's best efforts, the yard never fully blossomed. Pun intended.

And a final tidbit about our home. This little shack is on the adjacent property. (to clarify, the angle of the pic is showing a regular home that is actually across the street and high up on a hill. the shack is the lower building) I've never known what it is for, but that someone does visit it periodically as things are moved around and repairs appear to be made when needed. In the spring and summer you can't see any of our neighbors, but every fall and winter I again become very curious about this little building next door. Any ideas from our blog readers?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad Don, I bet you'll miss that sweet little house... but maybe you'll make a bit of money, move out of the in-law's house, and HAVE A BABY!!

Jenny said...

My guess is moonshine or meth lab.

Kim said...

You shouldn't have trouble selling it. It looks like a good house. And doesn't Santa Claus live next door???

HP said...

I think it's a "watch tower" that the Rangers use for training during the mountain phase of ranger school in the hills.

Hollie Carson said...

I think it's a little shack the police have to bust Nude Colonies in the Dahlonega mountains and mainly people who like to get in their front yard naked while it's raining and bathe. That's a Dahlonega thing, I hear.

Anonymous said...

I love everyone's description of our house Donna. Look's like a methlab, watch tower, shack. We are never selling this house.

Kelly Ford said...

I think your house is great! The shack is funny! Maybe the husbands "dog house"? Hope he doesnt have to visit it too often!

Stephanie said...

the house looks good! will yall plan to buy a house after this one sells? how's the job hunting going-ministry position, i mean?
we miss yall up here--i need a does of donna humor!
stephanie

Anonymous said...

And who painted the closet doors???? :)
Love u always!
Brandi G

Anonymous said...

I think it's a portal that allows you to pass through the space/time continuum.
Kevin

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!! Especially if you're looking for a secret hideaway to make and deal drugs. HAHA! Good luck w/ the sale! Wish I could buy it but living in GA was so yesterday for me. He, he, he!