5.04.2008

Baby Lewis, Etc.

I was so happy to attend a baby shower honoring John and Allison Lewis. Allison is a fellow NGCSU alumni and the Lewis' also attended SEBTS with us in NC. It was great to see them and also some other long lost NGCSU friends, Renee and Heather. Not only are we all amazingly beautiful, but we share the sarcastic wit that can keep us giggling for hours.


Now I will share a few random thoughts concerning the blog. I confess to having a pinch of undiagnosed OCD. When a fellow blogger does not update their blog, in let's say a month or two, (depending on my mood that day) I will delete them from my list of links to "fellow bloggers." Apparently this is causing some distress for faithful readers in the blogosphere. (thank you HP for that very funny term) So, I do confess to this uncontrollable urge to purge and I apologize to those who use my blog to keep up with other blogs and then much to your dismay, find the link mysteriously missing. Yes. It is my fault. I pledge to use more patience and discretion when determining the blog links that are placed on the chopping block. The other blog topic that must be covered is the lack of pictures of Josh. This is a family blog, but many times Josh does fun things (like a fishing tournament in Helen yesterday) and does not have his faithful photographer in tow and so there are no photos to prove he is still living and having tons of fun. Also, even when I am there to capture the moment, apparently I am so blinded by love that I think all pictures of Josh are handsome, yet he feels I have posted some terrible pics for all the world to see. So, this has not turned into Donna's world, I am simply honoring a husband's blog request.

In closing, I will share a few details concerning Josh's new job to satisfy our curious fans. Josh has been hired as the Associate Pastor at MBC (Macedonia Baptist Church) which will include leading the youth group. The church is located on a lake in the BEAUTIFUL north Georgia mountains. The church body has such a sweet and friendly spirit and we are super excited about moving there, settling in and beginning to minister where God led us. The county has one high school and also a private college in the area, Young Harris. My older sister actually went to that school and she's excited about visiting her old stomping ground. There a lot of great opportunities for us to reach out to the young people in the local community and we are already plannnig away in our minds. We hope to move in early June and I believe that is when Josh will officially begin work at MBC.

I will be travelling out of town most of May for work reasons and will be touring the amazing towns of Norcross, Chatsworth and Atlanta. Yes, be excited. I am certain to lose my mind and have some great pics to post in the process.


Here is sweet lil' Sugar who turned 10 years old this month! She isn't too fond of the stairs as they make her joints snap, crackle and pop. Here is a pic of her new idea...she waits at the top for us to come back upstairs rather than follow us up and down every time. :o)

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwh...Sugar looks so sweet. That's great about Allison...seems like forever since I've those girls. I know you're very excited about moving to the mountains....it sounds like God has exciting things in store for ya'll.

HP said...

Ok, go look...I think you'll be proud of me...

Jenny said...

I'm out of words right now, but I wanted to comment on your blog b/c I know we all love comments and they make us motivated to update more often. Or at least me, anyway. Congrats on everything! Happy Birthday, Sugar! Ella is sleeping in her crate right now for which I am very thankful. I'm going delirious.

morgan collins said...

I had no idea you were so quick to take back your blog affection by deleting links. I feel a lot of pressure to blog well now...I don't want to get the boot!

Joni said...

Hey,
You have such a long list of blogs I have never noticed that you deleted some! Too funny. I'm totally with you on that one! Happy bday to Sugar, too!

have fun OTSS-ing this month!

Joni :)

Kim said...

Oh, that is so funny. I always clean things out, too, but I never thought of cleaning up my blog list. =) Ha!

kristymasterson said...

I haven't seen those sweet ladies in a long time. Fun to see their faces. Glad ya'll are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarification on where things went missing. I admit I am one of the ones who links to things from your blog. You always find such good reads. Kinda like when you introduced me to craigslist and now i'm addicted. HAHA!

But more importantly, Roxy Ruby and I wish Sugar a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Kelly Ford said...

Your blogging ocd is hilarious. Espeicially since you only update like every other week! Me too...guilty as charged...haha! and the pic of sugar is so sweet! I'm feeling bad for her joints and glad yall have her and are so good to her. (I love doggies!)

Anonymous said...

I would just like to note that all heavenly knowledge comes from the Lord and all earthly knowledge originates in Chatsworth, Georgia.
Kevin

Stephanie said...

so glad you let us in on some of the details that i have been wondering about with the new church-i'm psyched for yall ,that God has finally opened HIS perfect door for you guys. we'd love to see you when you come for graduation hopefully! we love the blog, too.
miss you, friend, and your sarcasm!

allison said...

It appears you have caused a stir with your OCD blogging habits. It's been mentioned on a couple different blogs. Ha!!