It's Official
We're old. This was confirmed by how we both felt the morning after our slip n' slide with the youth group at VBS. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, I mean I think that after one throws themselves onto the ground several times, body parts are bound to begin hurting. Despite the pain and injuries, we had tons of fun!



One evening Josh's mom, sister and cousin (who was in town from Texas) surprised us with a visit. It was short, but sweet and we had a great time hanging out on the porch.

We were told we were going to receive a "pounding". Luckily we had fellow seminary friends from SC who had already explained this was when the church brought you food and supplies when you moved in, cause otherwise Josh would have been preparing to fight someone. We were blown away by everyone's generosity and kindness! 

Last Sunday Josh decided to be funny and announce to everyone that it didn't just have to be flour and sugar, that it he liked ravioli and reece's. Some attentive ears delivered this...
And one day I came home and was concerned that someone thought Sugar was a baby because I saw this...
But thankfully it was just a handy way to pack some fresh farm eggs. Yum!
11 comments:
Or maybe the can was a hint.....
how nice is that?! they brought you all of that stuff? that is so awesome!
Wow! That's really awesome. What a great church family...and I can tell by the amount of Reese's...they're listening to Josh's sermons! Hee..Hee
And you're jealous of a neighbor who brings fruit and bread..... while you have a church that supplies you with a months worth of food? How exciting! No grocery trip this month eh?
That's AWESOME!!!
so great! i love a good ol' church poundin'! maybe the formula can will be good one day... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
let's begin the big plan.
Congrats on your fun, new, loving church family!!! I am way jealous of all of your fun, FREE, paper products!!! We are way proud of your slip & slide adventures. Love MC and DJ
I LOVE slip and slides!!! But I always pay for it the next couple of weeks. We had one at camp every year (and at college). Apparently when I run, I take a flying leap in the air (not towards the ground). My hips end up with big purple bruises on them. But isn't it so worth it?!
Hmmm...I didn't know paper products and food was a part of the deal...maybe I COULD play the role of a pastor's wife afterall.
Ok, so I was supposed to go to sleep when the baby did so I could get a full night of sleep, but I found your blog and couldn't stop myself from catching up on the past couple of years of your life--you crack me up. Looks like you and Josh have had some fun adventures...will be fun to keep up with you here.
Suzanna (Luke) Trice
What a stinkin awesome blessing!! And the slip and slide looks like a blast! I can't wait to make one for the boys...I have so many fun...yet painful memories of slipping and sliding!
Post a Comment