Comment Frenzy
Blogsters, you've done me proud. What creative and funny answers were left amongst the pregnancy rumors! Now back to those rumors. I must first ask myself what brought about these ideas of a Baby Bennett? Is it that the world is yearning for the amazing creation that would be the product of one part Donna, one part Josh? Or is it simply that I looked a bit chubby and exhausted in my recent blog photos? I may never know. However, I've not the energy to really dwell on it, for as you all know expectant mothers are very exhausted during the first trimester. Which is definitely where I'm at.
I had lots of grand plans for my future pregnancies. As my sisters and close friends journeyed through the exciting nine months, I made mental notes as to what I would do and what I'd not. Um. Yeah. About that. So I'm super sick. All of the time. Whoever coined the term "morning sickness" is cruel and a giver of false hope. I am sick...as in feeling nauseous...pretty much 24 hours a day. I've tried the home remedies, the prescription pills. I believe the combo of the two keeps me from actually throwing up a lot...but nothing really takes away the constant nausea. I'm being told this means my baby is healthy, so I'll stay focused on that lil' tidbit of hope. Here are the flowers Josh purchased for the new mom-to-be.
We are VERY excited and a wee bit shocked. But that's when we trust in the Lord and His perfect timing and know that He is aware of every detail that needs attention. We intend to keep the gender a surprise and refer to sweet Baby Bennett as Poppy, because he/she began as the size of a poppy seed. Here is a very early ultrasound pic of Poppy.
Our new little bundle of joy is due to arrive the first few weeks of April. Thanks for sharing in the joy of our exciting announcement!!
23 comments:
Hip Hip Hooray!!! Just as I suspected!! I am so excited for you and Josh!! I am looking forward to seeing some pregnancy shots soon! Also, as far as the morning sickness goes....I had "all day sickness" for 30 weeks! Not trying to scare you or anything, but maybe just warning you :) Wishing you the best of luck... Again, I am SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL!!!
I'm so excited for yall! I hope you start feeling better soon!
I'm so excited for you guys....There's nothing like motherhood.
YEAH!!! I am SUPER excited for you. And I am actually so excited to have a little more Josh and Donna in the world.
And praise the Lord for Dollar Store pregnancy tests - I'd recognize that little thing anywhere!
i am super, super excited! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
but very sad that you're so sick. :o(
POPPY! I love you, Poppy.
aunt nicole
Congrats on the VERY exciting news! So sorry you are so sick - it does mean you will have a super healthy baby. For real.
Joni :)
Donna,
I am so excited for you. Being a mother is the most wonderful thing in the entire world. It will only multiply your love for Josh. I am very sorry you are sick...I remember that feeling, but I also remember the day I woke up and I wasn't nauseated any more. This too shall pass. Congrats and enjoy the journey to motherhood; it is an awesome one!
Lori Green
Yippee!!! I love it! I am so excited for the two of you! And, what great parents you will be! As for the sickness...I didn't have it too bad with Addison, but this one...whoa baby! 24 hours a day...just like you're saying. My doctor prescribed over the counter Unisom (which I took at night because it is a sleeping aide) and vitamin B-6. The combination of the two seems to relieve A LOT of women's nausea...and I was one of them. It was a dream come true. I hope it gets better...hopefully only a few more weeks. (I know that sounds like forever right now) Yeah, I am so excited!!!!
HOW FAR ALONG??? Congrats!!!
Congratulations. That's such exciting news. Dave and I are thrilled for you both!!
Being sick stinks a big one.. but it is worth every moment! Congratulations Ms. Donna.. You and Josh will be the PERFECT Mommy and Daddy to little "Poppy." Loves and Misses
CONGATS!!!!! That is so exciting!! You guys will be great parents! I know that your mom has to be super excited...especially being so close to you guys now!
Yeah Donna and Josh! First comment on your blog, since you leave us some all the time. What exciting news! Aaron and Julie are expecting around the same time! The best thing I found for the sick days was to keep on a schedule for eating (especially the first meal) - even on the weekends. How sweet to get new mom flowers! Keep in touch!
I left a comment on the last blog, but I guess it didn't go through for whatever reason. Anyway, CONGRATS!!!!
WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!! That is GREAT news. You are gonna be a WONDERFUL momma and Josh is gonna be super-dad w/ a cape and everything! CONGRATS!!!!
congrats dear friend! You are going to just love motherhood. It changes you and you'll never be the same... in a totally great way!!
Miss you girl, Thanks for all your lil' sweet blog comments on the blog!! Keep blogging it's the best way to keep track of these next 8 or so months... cherish each month... even now.
so great! you are going to be an awesome mom!
YAY!!! So sorry about your sickness. I was sick like that with Kate for about 18 weeks...all day nausea with multiple trips to the toilet a day. Lemonade and Lemonheads helped me keep from vomiting all day long...still had the nausea, but it helped take the edge off. Something out the sour helped...weird but I'm sure you're willing to try anything. Tell Josh congrats from me!
wahoo! congrats, girl! chill bumps all over. :)
so exciting! we will be praying along the journey with yall, adn looking for those fun blog updates.
i, too, used the same dollar store pregnany test. can't forget it.
much love.
stephanie lyon
YEA!!!! I'm so glad you're officially announcing. VERY excited for you. =) Plan on "Poppy" being a nickname to stick. =) And poor Donna, I hope you feel better soon. Watch out, though. With me, my mom's nausea only left when she ate something- she gained 65 lbs. She's 5'2" and was in a size 2 before me. =)
Yeah!!! Donna, we are so excited for you two...you three!! I know being sick stinks, but think of it as motion sickness with all the knitting God is doing in there!!! Ha ha! Congrats!!
It's time for a FREAK OUT PAR-TAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, how excited we are for you Ben-wahs! I can't WAIT to hear about how you told Josh, how Josh responded and how you told your fam. I'm just smiling ear to ear. How exiting is this?! Little Bennett. Little Poppy. So sweet!
SO sorry John and I are late in congrats! We are very excited for you, and sad to be so far away! Hang out around Christmas time? Anywhoo...I can't wait to see the new and exciting ways God is glorified in your lives as this new adventure unfolds!
Post a Comment