Extreme Youth Room Make Over
Josh has been working diligently, alongside dedicated students and adult volunteers, to fully transform our youth room. We meet in the basement of the parsonage...which is now a missions house. It's a fun space and Josh was able to envision some amazing changes which are taking place as we speak. Since I am mostly in hibernation at our house, I haven't been able to chronicle our daily lives with the camera. Josh took these to keep track of the progress.
Everyone is really excited about the project and they plan on painting the walls this weekend. Our church family has been very supportive of the plans and it's been such a blessing. Josh has also been spending time with the local football team, giving devotionals and attending the games. I haven't been able to make a game yet, but hopefully soon I can deliver some photos of some serious Towns County spirit.
I have been watching episodes of A Baby Story on TLC. It's exciting! Josh still hasn't watched an entire episode with me yet, but we'll get there eventually. :o) I continue to be sick, but am trying to remain positive. I read today that my mood can affect my baby's development. Even if that's not entirely true, if I think that way it will only help to improve my disposition. I wonder if sarcasm counts? Surely not. That would just result in a witty baby I'm certain.
For me it's just the life adjustment that seems to be difficult. I am an over-achieving-detail-oriented-busy-girl who in a matter of a few days turned into an entirely different person. I really do expend all the energy I have to offer the world at work and then proceed to spend any other time in my bed. It's a combo of exhaustion and nausea. So please join me in prayer that the sickness subsides soon, but if it doesn't, that the Lord see me through this time and allow me to glorify Him in some possible way!
I'm currently at 9 weeks and Poppy is very busy. Here's a blurb from Baby Center for those relatives reading only for Poppy updates. "Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain."
The more we learn, the more we are humbled by God's creation and attention to detail and just...well...AWESOMENESS! Hope you all have a good week!
8 comments:
Yea! I love you mama poppy.
JB
Certainly praying for you as you adjust to life during this time. I remember coming home from class or work and going to bed at 3:00. I'd manage to do something for dinner most nights and then back to bed. John wasn't too excited about the hermit I had become. It did pass though. I pray your's does too.
On a different note, if sarcasm affects the demeanor of the baby then our little guy is doomed.
Donna, I can totally relate. I was in bed every moment that I was at home. I didn't even get out for meals!! Brandon brought food to me in bed and practically had to force it down my through bc I couldn't eat it.
All this to say, you aren't alone. And it is well worth it!!
I'm sorry you're so sick...I hope it goes away soon.
p.s. I think it's your duty as a witty person to be as sarcastic as possible during this time and so pass on your wittiness to your offspring. It's only fair to the rest of the world.
I left this on Rando & Amanda's blog as well. I loved the book "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" they sell it at Walmart and Target as well as bookstores...anywho, it has weekly updates and pictures. I thought it was a great resource...and it was always exciting to get to the next week!
I bet the youth are loving you and Josh! That room looks like it'll be great! Thanks for inviting us into the details of God's amazing creativity with your baby! It really is amazing!
I just can't help but smile as I read about Poppy. Sweet little Popsie!
Donna,
Where are the belly pics???
Post a Comment