Columbus Day
In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue,
and I'm so glad b/c on Monday I had no work to do.
I love 3 day weekends and this past Monday was no exception. We had a doctor's appmt that morning and Poppy is now 6 inches long, including his/her legs. We heard the heartbeat for the first time and that was awesome! Here is the latest sonogram. Poppy is sitting up with his/her head to the upper right of the pic.
After that, we met up with our doula. She gave me a pile of books and encouraged our decision to pursue natural child birth. I actually met her through work and Josh and I both enjoy her relaxed and fun personality, so it's a great match.
After lunch at Fatz Cafe with my mom, Josh tried to persuade me to go on a "little hike." 4 months ago I would have been all over it. But since Poppy took up residence in my abdomen I've not exercised. I couldn't. I felt terrible. But as I slowly begin to feel better and have less spontaneous gagging moments, I've been feeling slight motivation to begin some sort of exercise. Both doctor and doula encouraged this, so now Josh is my motivation coach and constantly reminds me it's good for me and Poppy. Yes it is. But so is ice cream and Project Runway.
Somehow, between the sunshine and Josh's pitiful begging on Monday afternoon, I agreed to a hike.
It was BEAUTIFUL and well worth it. But I humbly admit I walked embarrassingly slow and took more water breaks than Sugar.
Here I am in all my pregnant glory on top of Tray Mountain.
And my hiking buddies.
It was a great day and I did feel invigorated by spending so much time surrounded by God's amazing creation. And it did motivate me b/c yesterday I took a walk with a friend at work. Right before we went to DQ for blizzards.
11 comments:
You will appreciate the exercise when it comes to the labor and delivery. That's not to say you shouldn't have the ice cream too. :)
Your little belly is soooo cute!
Hey,
you did miss Jasper's counting debut on video. It was over a month ago...here is it:
http://dazandjo.blogspot.com/2008/09/jasper-is-18-months-old.html
Glad you had a great hike - the weather is awesome!
Joni :)
I love reading your blog and your new journey w/ Poppy in tow. I'm looking at getting my certification in Doula (Wake Co will help me with it) so PLEASE hook me up w/ your thoughts and such. So excited for you and you look GREAT & so does that cute lil' Poppy Pooch!
You want Poppy to be well-balanced, right? That's why you and baby should have the best of both worlds...tv and ice cream AND hiking. It makes for a very cultured and open-minded child.
Apparently I comment in my mind without ever actually typing it out. And then when my comment doesn't appear, I realize that I'm crazy. The weather looks awesome! You look super cute, and I'm glad Josh is taking such good care of you! I think Heather's onto something.
Really good photos of nature. You are talented...and cute.
you preggo women are killing me talking about blizzards. seriously I'm going to weigh 500 lbs by the time your baby is born!
Hot Mom...check in!!! You look great!! WE can't wait until Poppy gets here!
In the spirit of natural childbirth you should read a book called "Supernatural Childbirth" by Jackie Mize. If you're really serious about it this book will encourage you and build your faith for natural childbirth. Having said that, I must admit neither of mine were natural..but it is still a great book :)
Those hike pictures are gorgeous. =)
Post a Comment