10.01.2008

Happy Fall Y'all

I love fall! It's not just b/c my birthday is right before Thanksgiving either. I love changing leaves and cool mornings. I love football and campfires. I love s'mores and cuddling up with a blanket. I love the anticipation of holidays and gathering with family. I've seen several ode-to-fall-posts on blogs I follow. They included some beautiful fall nature scenes. I chose to post these photos in my ode-to-fall-post.


My favorite thing about being an official grown-up was realizing I could have more than one bedspread. I always grew up with one. It stayed on my bed year round and when it wore out, I selected a new one. I find great joy in having seasonal bed coverings. And I don't feel I've over indulged b/c the winter quilt was a wedding gift and the summer spread was purchased at Big Lots for $15. Yep. I love fall.

In baby news, things are going well. Still sick and tired, but able to accomplish more in a day, so that's progress. We have selected a doula and are on track for pursuing natural childbirth. I plan on reading lots of books and telling Josh as few details as necessary since after we briefly discussed child birth last night his response was to look very worried and say "I just wish we could have the baby without you having to do all that. It sounds dangerous."

We haven't taken any belly shots b/c I would literally climb right into bed after work and there wasn't anything to show yet. I now have a small Poppy pooch.

I'm not wearing maternity shirts yet as the designers of this season's fashions were gracious and many of the styles are long and flowy. But I did recently purchase a pair of maternity jeans at Ross. They are gloriously comfortable and I ripped the tag right off those suckers and checked out while wearing my new pants. I explained I was not shop lifting, but realized how much better it was than my regular pants that I wore into the store, and I simply could not take them back off. It's the hormones. I can't help myself.

I felt Poppy "flutter" a few times and that's very exciting. I think Josh is a little jealous and is impatient for the day when he can feel Poppy move by touching my belly. I'll close with a photo of some BEAUTIFUL gifts our church's sewing group made for Poppy. They said they were going to give them to us later, but knew how sick I'd been and wanted to encourage me. Isn't that so sweet?

15 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your bedspreads!!! I wish I had painted my bedroom in a more neutral color where we could change out ours out for the seasons. And you look as cute as you can be!

Kelly said...

Ha! You are so funny! I can honestly say I don't think I EVER worn my purchases up to the register. I can't wait to see what else this pregnancy brings! Glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better. And cute pooch!

Suzanna said...

It had never occured to me to have more than one bedspread/comforter. I especially love the $15 one!

Don't feel bad--I've worn purchases to the register several times before...when I get something new, I can't wait to use it!

Cute bibs from the sewing group!

Anonymous said...

That's a great shot of you and love the "pooch". And aren't your church ladies sweet?

Kelly Ford said...

I'm so stinkin excited for you!!!! I love fall, also and am REALLY enjoying it this year, if you know what i mean! ;-)

Lindsey Oliver said...

Cutest baby bump ever!

morgan collins said...

I love everything about this post! I love the fact that you have more than one bedspread...I wanna do that!
I love that you are having a doula...seriously...I'm very interested in that.
I love the pants, I love the pooch and I love the sewing.
all around great post. 5 stars.
Not real sure why I'm so enthusiastic about this, but there ya go.

Jenny said...

I used to wear new shoes out of the store. You look great! I think, however, that my stomach always has a pooch. I try to hide it. But yours is super cute!

Jenny said...

Let me clarify that I paid for the shoes before wearing them out of the store.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby news! I read and reread, but can't seem to understand the whole "poppy" thing. Is it an inside joke? At any rate, love the pooch...ya'll will make great parents. Too bad, though, really--bringing another Bama Baby into the world. :) We'll just all pray that the kid'll "see the light" :)

Sara said...

Hey Donna! Your blog is great. Congratulations on the new little life. I went natural and had a doula and a waterbirth, and I look forward to doing it all again someday!
-Sara (Morgan) Mackey

Renee said...

You look great, Donna! I hope you'll start to feel better soon. I think maternity pants are the best...wish I could wear them all the time...no buttons or zippers.

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Your bump is so cute! I still can't get over the fact you're having a baby. I am glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better. You are through with the 1st trimester, so hopefully things will start to improve.

The Hartzog's said...

Donna you do look great!! I'm feeling rather large for being just a few days ahead of you. Guess that whole second baby thing really makes you pop out.
Hoping you feel much better soon!!

Kim said...

Hi Poppy! =)