2.04.2009

Fiestas and Falcons

We had our first baby shower at MBC on Saturday afternoon. Josh was super sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection and I was beginning to catch it, so we were kinda out of it, but still had a great time!

The cake, flowers and loot.




Josh was such a good sport, opening all of the gifts while I handled the cards.


Sweet handmade quilt and one of many PK gifts. :o)



Josh attended a class/seminar/group hike on falconry. He has been telling me that at some point he will build an enclosure and train his very own falcon. This outing only solidified his resolve!



And we celebrated the Super Bowl with the youth.



The hosts' daughter likes to talk to Poppy and promises Poppy talks back to her. Poppy apparently has revealed she's a girl, doesn't really like sports and wants to grow up to be a "fashionary missionary."


We head back to the doctor on Monday and I'm down to my final 6 days of work. Reality is truly setting in with the Bennett family.

10 comments:

allison said...

It's good to know that something can bring you back to reality. Love you guys and still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Loved the idea of a "fashionary missionary". Wonder if that's a missionary to the fashionable or a fashionable missionary? Hmmm.

Hollie Carson said...

Donna,
I'm soo excited for ya'll! You're getting so close!! Yay! I cannot WAIT to find out what you're having!

The falconry part of the blog post made me laugh. I've heard before Josh's plans for having his own falcon and it cracked me up. I like how passionate he is about it though and since he's still just as passionate about it, then I don't doubt he'll actually do it one day.

morgan collins said...

fashionary missionary...interesting.
falconry....interesting.

HP said...

Is he going to feed his black widow spider to his falcon?

Joni said...

Tell Josh that Jasper still says, "Let's go Patsy!" (Patsy was the falcon)

Lindsey Oliver said...

Jamison cracks me up! That girl is 7 going on 17.

Kelly said...

Wow! I can't believe it's almost time...it seems like it's gone so fast. We definitely need a girl in this bunch...hope she's right. Are you done with work b/c of your blood pressure??? Can't wait to see you at your shower!!! Give Sugar a big kiss!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Yeah! It's almost time! I am so happy for you and I know you can't wait. I am looking so forward to seeing you and your belly on Sunday=) I can't believe I haven't seen it in person yet =)

Anonymous said...

falconry! josh has been talking about that for a while.. I can't believe he is actually doing it