IT'S A GIRL!
We proudly announce the newest addition to our family, Marah Jean Bennett.
She was born on March 26th weighing in at 6 lbs 15 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.
Here is a brief recap:
1am: Donna's water breaks
3am: contractions begin
7am: doula arrives and contractions begin to rock Donna's world
8:45am: head to doctor's office for a check
9:30am: doctor pronounces Donna to be 8cm dilated and sends us to the hospital
10am: Donna is wheeled into the front doors of the hospital
10:15am: we have a new baby girl!
Don't be fooled by the 15 minutes, Donna labored hard at home, in the car, thought she may die at the doctor's office and barely remembers anything about getting into the delivery room. She successfully reached her goal of a natural child-birth! Woo hoo!!
We are still at the hospital as Marah's bilirubin levels are high and she's been sun tanning under "the lights" today. Things look good, she's feeding well and we hope to be discharged tomorrow morning. We can't access the blog or facebook from the hosptial, so please pardon the delay in our exciting announcement!
Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging voice mails, texts and emails. We will update with more fun pics once we settle in at home.
22 comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
Congratulations on a baby girl AND natural childbirth... you are a better woman than me!!:-) Take Care!
YAY YAY YAY!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Congratulations!! I LOVE THE NAME!!
Congrats guys! Thank goodness she doesn't look like Josh.
A huge congrats!! She is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her - SOON hopefully! And way to go on the natural childbirth - you were so prepared and planned, I knew you would do it. Awesome job guys!
AHHH!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word! I'm sooo excited to see this sweetie pie! She's beautiful. My heart is truly swelling with pride as I see both of you in her. In the first picture, I see Donna!! In the last picture, Marah totally has Josh's mouth. Could just be the picture, but that expression is totally Josh. I CANNOT wait to hold her in May!!!
She is absolutely beautiful!! I love her name too, very unique. I will say a prayer that her Bilirubin levels will continue to come down. Liam had to "sun tan" several times while he was in the NICU. Congratulations again. I am sure you are quickly finding out how wonderful it is to be a mom! Nothing better in the whole world!
So excited for you guys. Love you and praying for you during these days of adjustment.
She is beautiful! And I love her name. Congrats!
Oh my goodness! Congratulations you guys! What a little miracle! She's beautiful! : )
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahhhh! SO exciting! she's beautiful and I love her name!
and you're my hero for going natural:) awesome.
Congrats friend! What a blessing. We pray that your transition into being parents will be a smooth one. Enjoy every second, it goes by so fast! Love you.
what a precious little gift! i can't wait to meet her one day! Congratulations!!
Ignore this if you already got it, but I don't think my comment was sent. I am so excited for you all and she is adorable. Good job, Donna and Josh, for accomplishing the natural child birth goal! Yeah! You are a better woman than me.
oh..we're so excited for ya'll. She's beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics! And Donna...phew...what a woman!
Congratulations, how proud y'all must be!
Yeah!! Congrats! I saw everyone's congrats on facebook, but I didn't know where they had heard the good news from! She is absolutely precious!! I can't wait to see more pictures.
6 lbs 15 oz & 19 inches long...just like both my girls :) Congrats! And a HUGE congrats on the natural childbirth!
Congrats! She is so beautiful! Way to go Donna on your natural childbirth, there was no doubt in my mind that you could do it!!
Ahh!! Congrats!!! She's absolutely beautiful!!! Donna, you're the woman...props on that quick natural child birth. Josh better be ready to deliver your next one by himself...they always say the next comes faster :) Sounds like a great first experience and we're so glad everyone is healthy. PTL!!!
YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! Congrats to you and Josh on your little girl!! She's beautiful, and while you KNOW I love you...I have a better hat to put on her head! LOL
So happy for yall!
Post a Comment