Waiting Schmating
I am in a season of waiting. Yes I am waiting on the birth of my very first child, but that's not the waiting of which I'm blogging. It's the spiritual, emotional kind of waiting.
I'm about halfway through the Experiencing God study and it's really rockin' my world. This past week was all about God speaking to us. I am an impatient person in the sense that I like to organize and plan and then watch all things go according to the perfectly timed plan. MY perfectly timed plan. Of course my actual life never plays out this way and God always does what's best. But it would seem I continue to align my expectations in this nutty manner. It could be human nature. Or it could be my own personal battle.
Here are some of Henry's powerful statements that have been rumbling around in my mind...
"One of the most difficult things for Christians to do is to wait on the Lord. However, waiting reflects our absolute dependence on God." p. 92
"...pray and wait. Learn patience. Depend on God's timing, which is always right and best. Don't get in a hurry. Don't try to skip over the relationship to start doing something." p. 93
This is especially hard for me as I like to feel super independent and capable and in control. It's not the way God intended for me to operate and I am being humbled as I wait upon His plans and ways to unfold.
The study is also very focused on pursuing an intimate love relationship with our Savior. In real life I detest being vulnerable, so this of course translates right into my walk with the Lord. I am a work in progress.
I really enjoy taking the time to focus on Who is truly most important to me, the God of the universe who is my Rock, my Comforter and my Father. As the world around us screams of worry and uncertainty it's so refreshing to purposefully shift my focus to the One who is truly in control.
Matthew 6:24-27
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
1 comment:
good stuff...I needed that.
Post a Comment