6.22.2011

Introducing....



Eden Marie Bennett! She was born Monday, 6/20/11, at 9:46am. She weighed 7 lbs and 9 oz and was 19.5 inches long. And BEAUTIFUL!

Brief birth story that is very different from Marah's.

I was having Braxton Hicks for over a month. I was nearing the due date, impatiently waiting for my 2nd baby to arrive early too. :o) Friday evening the contractions became more noticeable. Sunday evening they became more uncomfortable. As the evening went on, it was apparent I was really in labor. We chose not to labor at home as long due to M's sleeping and other variables. And the fact that both our Dr and doula advised us not to birth this baby in our car, based on our close call with M's arrival.

When I arrived at the hospital around 4am I was 3.5 cm dilated and my water had not yet broken. Josh and I began walking the halls and breathing through the worsening contractions. At 7am I was 7 cm and my doula arrived. I opted for a rocking chair at this point, going on no sleep was taking it's toll.

Laboring at the hospital was great, but I was more distracted during M's transition stage, being in the car, Dr's office, etc. This go 'round I was totally aware of everything I was feeling. The Dr broke my water when I was 9 cm and things moved quickly from there. I admit to being the screaming woman in labor at the very end...I'm sure Mr. Bradley and Mr. Lamaze would not approve, but Josh assured me it was very primal and appropriate. I pushed through 3 contractions and out popped my sweet baby girl! Natural childbirth #2. Check.

We are home now, trying to find our new normal. Our totally chilled out baby who was praised for being the "best" in the nursery kept us up til 4:30am and woke her big sister for an hour due to gas and poops last night. Good thing she's so cute!


7 comments:

Kelly Ford said...

She's PERFECT, Donna!

And i seriously can NOT believe you've done this all natural TWICE! With Rhyan i had an epidural that was not effective and thought i would DIE. I cant imagine the all natural thing w/ Mack who was just an ounce shy of 9lbs! OH GOOD LORDDY!

Soo proud of you! Kisses!

And prayers for some sleep :-)

Joni said...

Congrats Donna! She is beautiful and Marah looks like such an excited big sister! How fun!

Way to go on natural birth #2, whew! I always did transition at home and in the car so I'm sure being confined made it more obvious. Way to go girl!

We'll have to come meet Eden soon.

Stephanie said...

look at her!!!!!!

and her proud mommy, and big sister!! she's just precious, friend.

way to go on the all natural route again!!

praying for yall in so many different ways through the transition days and weeks.

really, call anytime if you want!

love you!

Jenny said...

There is no shame in screaming when something like that is going on. Did you yell anything funny or obscene?

In other news, CONGRATS! I'm sure it's not easy with two, but you are a totally amazing mother who relies on the Lord's strength, so I know you can do it!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Yay!! Congrats!! She is a doll and I can't wait to meet her.

Jason and Pamela said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful! I definitely need to talk to you about the natural childbirth. I failed with Raleigh and want to try again...need to see if you can give me any tips!

Cecilia said...

Nice to 'meet' you, Eden! Babies are such a precious gift, soak her up!