7.26.2011

A Mother's Moment

I need one. A moment. To myself. But that won't happen for a while, and I'm pretty much okay with that. I really am. I remind myself this is simply a season and when Marah and Eden are graduating from high school or becoming brain surgeons or whatever - I will fondly remember the cute cooing moments and sweet lil' baby hands and feet. And totally forget about this afternoon.

Nap time isn't going well today. Let's just say roofers, infants and toddlers just don't combine for a picture perfect afternoon. No one is sleeping, it's really just too loud. Maybe I mean the roofing, maybe I mean the crying. Who knows anymore?

My beginning a new book, based on a very wise friend's recommendation, is quite timely. I'm just a few chapters in, but I love it and know the Lord will speak to me and shape my heart and attitude through this fellow-mommy-author.

So I wanted to share the info with anyone that stumbles upon my blog and may need some encouragement or heart-adjusting as they journey through motherhood.

It's called "Loving The Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches" by Rachel Jankovic.

Get it. Read it. Love it.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

girl....that book!?!?!? GOOD. STUFF. the end.

kristymasterson said...

Im reading it too. It is great!

Cecilia said...

We had that moment this week with an a/c install. I don't want to wish this time by, but I do wish for some sanity breaks :).
You are the second person to recommend this book, I'll have to read it. Hope things are going well!