Great Expectations
We all have them.
Some of our expectations were in regard to our first family movie night. We planned a movie night with an almost 3 yr old and a 7 month old. If you must judge, do so quietly.
Things began so very well...
Marah was pumped. It was a movie with an actual plot and not a cartoon, so the parents were interested in hearing the dialogue and understanding the scenes. Which is impossible to do when the above mentioned 7 month old is squealing her heart out and the toddler is asking questions about EVERY.THING on the t.v. screen.
And then E threw up all over the exersaucer. And M thought the air mattress was a trampoline.
The Lord heard my silent cries because right about the time I was planning to lose my mind, there was a scene with a girl in a wheel chair. And M excitedly said, "oooh, I want a roller chair for MY birthday!"
And I laughed. Heartily.
And we revisited those great expectations as we tried to explain what a wheelchair is, the special people that need them, how God loves everyone, and we do too. M listened quietly. She explained that God loves the dolphins without tails.
And that she still wants a roller chair.
3 comments:
i love you, donna bennett.
and posts likes this one.
What a funny little girl :)
Good to know! I was thinking of planning our 1st ever movie night, too :-) HA!Of course, Mack is EIGHT months old so i'm sure his maturity will help. lol.
Actually, i'm considering Taking just Rhyan to a real life movie at the theater with popcorn and a drink. She's got a good attention span so if i could find a good movie, i think i'd go for it! I'll let you know how that one goes. HA!
Post a Comment