5.06.2012

Teardrops

I still shed those. But not as often. Here is a picture of Mama's flower arrangement. It was done in pink and blue, her 2 favorite colors. (Anyone remember the house in Dacula? Every room had flowers, lace, or pink and blue in it.)

I'm loving a song by Mercy Me. Well I love all of their songs, but one is speaking to my heart during this journey. Here are the lyrics.

Why?
The question that is never far away
The healing doesn’t come from the explained
Jesus please don’t let this go in vain
You’re all I have
All that remains
So here I am
What’s left of me
Where glory meets my suffering
I’m alive
Even though a part of me has died
You take my heart and breathe it back to life
I’ve fallen into Your arms open wide
When the hurt and the healer collide
Breathe
Sometimes I feel it’s all that I can do
Pain so deep that I can hardly move
Just keep my eyes completely fixed on You
Lord take hold and pull me through

Music has been hard for me to listen to. Every time I did, I would just cry. I think I used music to relax me during the long drives to Atlanta during Mama's different procedures and emergencies. For the most part I can only listen to upbeat songs. Slow ones make me cry. But this one soothes my soul. Thank you, Mercy Me.

I didn't cry during church this morning. That's progress! I suppose God is using this to break my habit of hiding all tears. I detest crying in front of others but I can't control it anymore. And I'm okay with it. I don't even wear waterproof mascara anymore.

Now. Onto another kind of teardrop. The trailer kind.

My husband is BUILDING one from scratch. He began with his father's trailer he inherited. I'm super proud of his abilities and dreams. Despite my grumblings, it's a project that will eventually benefit our whole family and...it's kinda' cool to watch the progress.
I bet he's so glad I'm around to help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you Don!