9.20.2012

Daily Memories

Today I made a determined effort to snap some photos of the ordinary things. To remember this season of little people and little sleep.

Last night was the first time a kiddo fell out of bed. Around 3am I was awakened by a loud a bump and M crying. She said she fell out of bed and bumped her head. (So then I called the doctor and the doctor said....) As of this morning she declared "my eyes were open, I was not asleep. I was doing tricks and rolling around. And I rolled right off the bed." I have no idea what really happened.

I implemented a "fuzzy jar" where M can earn rewards and when the jar is full, she gets an ice cream cone. I'm sure we will have to up the treat ante, but for now, ice cream is enough. It's really motivated her to be less whiny, use better manners and share with her sister.

Here is M's little table where she keeps puzzles, her globe and notebooks for "homework." (The other day she seriously asked me to be quiet so she could finish her homework and said we couldn't have the t.v. or music on. Future rocket scientist maybe?) I have a ribbon hanging where we rotate her artwork. I can't take down the blue marker self portrait yet, it's my absolute fave so far!
M loves this Hello Kitty purse that a sweet church-grandma gave her. I always giggle at what she keeps inside and carries EVERYwhere. So I emptied it when she wasn't looking and documented her sweetness.
The girls love art time. Especially messy finger painting. I will turn this morning's creations into home-made cards.
E loves to make giant messes with the toys. Just toss n' throw, toss n' throw. And maybe rip off the front of the DVD player when Mama leaves the room for 2.5 seconds.
Here is M's lunch of a peanut butter and honey sandwich (with no crusts allowed) and apple pieces. I love the piggy plate. I may eat my lunches on the piggy plate and cry
when she grows up.
And please note her "running jacket." She has created a running team (all girls) with a (girl) coach. They have practices, meetings and races. Gina (1st and longest lasting imaginary friend) is her toughest competitor. She literally runs circles around me when we play outdoors.

No wonder I'm tired!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

loved this post, friend.