We're Still Here
Just busy. Thankful. Exhausted. Happy. It's been a whirlwind of a summer for our little family! I will do a brief recap since my last, long ago, post.
We spent a few days being outdoorsy together.
Then Josh left for an 18 day adventure in Africa. With a BFF from high school. (He wouldn't say BFF, but for blog purposes, it's the easiest way to explain.) He spent one week in Zambia working with a school. And the second week in Tanzania, hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro. I am so proud of him!!
(There are loads of pictures on his FB page if anyone reading this thinks my photographic representation of his trip is lame. Which it is. But what's lamer, is how long it takes to upload pics to the blog with our mountain-internet-speed.)
While J was gone, the girls and I worked hard to stay busy so we wouldn't miss Daddy so much.
We praised Jesus when J FINALLY came home mostly-healthy and safe and enjoyed the last little bit of summer.
And got ready for two major life events. M beginning Kindergarten and E having surgery!
I am also battling continuous thyroid issues. I am supposed to begin a part-time-from-home job with K12 later this month. J has a newly discovered neck injury that has rendered him way-less-active-I-hate-to-say-useless-but-almost-kind-of. We had a great turn out for the Youth Back to School Bash, J is chaplain of the football team again and the church is going to the Braves game Sunday night. And E may or may not be driving us all crazy as we endure the long-but-not-really-long healing process. But I try to remember if someone took out my tonsils, adenoids and ear tubes and I was too young to understand it all, well, I would be craznky too. (Not a misspelling. It's crazy and cranky together. It is my new world. I also don't get to sleep in craznky world.)
So there you go...the 2nd half of our summer summarized as well as my brain can remember it all!










.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment