2.25.2007

His Good Word

I read this verse in a modern translation of the Bible the other day and I was totally convicted. I wondered to myself, can I claim this statement as truth in my own life? I mean, REALLY and truthfully claim it?

"I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Do I spend each day focusing on the correct task, or am I quickly consumed with the trappings of this world? Do I focus more on myself and my desires than "testifying to the good news of God's grace"? I fear that I do. I daily fail to focus on God's sweet mercies and praise His name no matter the circumstances. I daily fail to spend my precious minutes on earth telling others the wonderful news of Jesus. May this scripture be an encouragement to our hearts and motivate us to seek out the lost and hurting around us so that we can testify to His Good News!
-db

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said and a good reminder to us all! Thanks!

Jenny said...

Thanks for your encouragment. I struggle so much every day trying to find that balance between utterly living for the glory of God in ALL that I do and also doing things that bring me happiness. I read recently from Piper that God is glorified when we delight in Him. Here is not a disconnect between my delight and His will. How much I often falsely believe that obedience must mean displeasure. These thoughts take up more than a blog comment, so please don't consider this the end of my musings on this matter.

The Hartzog's said...

That's a challenge I think we all face. Thanks for sharing your heart and encouraging us all to step up to the plate each day. Love ya'll!!
Kimberly

The Groovy Gunnels' Gazette said...

Amen Sista! That is some good stuff. Isn't it just awesome how living and active the Word of God really is! Wow! Thanks for sharing!