Happy Mother's Day
Today was such a wonderful day! Josh was here in town and my two sisters and ALL of their children (7 total) came over to visit mom. Also, Ms. Linda (Josh's' mom) was so kind as to spend the afternoon with all of us crazy Christensons. :) We had a blast! We ate cake and ice cream, watched old family movies and enjoyed spending time together. This is such a special mother's day in light of my mom's recent heart attack and surgery and I was reminded of how VERY thankful I am to still have her here with us. Mom and I are enjoying our unexpected time together and I have been busily organizing her home and taking care of my much missed pets. We take daily walks and I have become well versed in caring for a diabetes and heart patient. God has been SO GOOD during this crazy situation and all but 2.5 days of my time away from work will be covered by earned leave and donations! PRAISE HIM!! That was a serious answer to prayer since I'm the sugar-mama of our little household. :) The toughest obstacle has been spending so much time away from my precious husband. Honoring my mother and following the Lord's plan for our lives is of utmost priority, but the sacrifices still hurt. I am beyond thankful for the many Wake Forest friends who have rallied around him with encouragement and yummy food. We are so blessed and this season of life has been so sweet despite the heartache. We humbly thank you for the many prayers and countless acts of kindness!
Love Y'all,
db
8 comments:
Hey Donna!
two things: HELLO and i'm testing to see whether my picture will show up on this comment. so...we'll see. So glad you had a good mother's day with family - mine was great!
talk later!
hmm, trying again...
I give up for now. Enjoy your three comments from me :)
okay, i have to try one more time...
great post!
sugar mama. ha.
nicole
I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing so well and that you all had a great mother's day, that's so awesome that you all got to be together!
We didn't even get cheese dip at Pueblo's on Sunday. We just couldn't do it without you. But my fish tacos were excellent.
Happy not-yet-a-mothers day to you, too!
Post a Comment