8.05.2007

The Great Wait Begins

On Friday, Josh finished his last seminary class on campus. Woo hoo! He still has one class left, an online course he'll take this fall through South Western. Our apartment lease is up on Halloween, so we plan to be outta' here by then. We have two churches that are in the very preliminary stages of seeking Josh for a youth pastor position, so please be praying for us as we begin this time of waiting and praying over God's plans for our future.

At the beginning of June, we found out our church could no longer pay Josh for his work as youth pastor. He agreed to continue in his position until we move away, as we were never there for the money anyway. :o) Now that his class is over, we were really hoping he could find a job...any job...to make some moolah. The Lord totally delivered that one and as of yesterday, Josh will begin a new job as a mower / manual laborer for a team of young landscapers in Youngsville. Praise Him! I found the ad in the paper Friday and God just worked out all of the details in His perfect timing. Of course, this coming week is supposed to be the hottest week of the whole summer and Josh reports for work bright and early Monday morning!

On Saturday morning, I took a load of Bennett leftovers to my friend Tracy's house to take part in her family yard sale. This is what happens when there are too few customers to entertain us and we find her mom's old watermelon plate set.

Saturday afternoon we went to Ray and Holly's wedding. Josh met Ray through a flag football team at SEBTS and he is a fellow die hard Alabama fan. It was a great wedding and we were so blessed to be there. Here are some pics of our fun time.

This is Josh with the happy groom and our neighbor, Jeremy. Jeremy works for Papa Johns (while beginning the PhD program at SEBTS) and frequently surprises us with piping hot free pizza. He's our favorite neighbor!

The wedding ceremony caused us to reminisce about our own big day 3 1/2 years ago. We may have moments when we drive each other crazy, but we're still so in love with our Savior and each other!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Donna! Super cute dress! Congratulations on making it so far, Josh! I know it's all been so hard, but you've persevered, and now you've almost made it to the end. You're awesome!

Royal Daz said...

Y'all look great all dressed up - nice coordinating outfits. Brown is definitely the new black.

JONI :)

Anonymous said...

Those are your best photos ever. I think...

Cecilia said...

Congrats to y'all! We'll be praying about Josh's job hunt!

Kim said...

Great way that things work out. =) I'm sure he'll find a good job soon.

The Hudgins said...

I LOVE THE BENNETTS!
praying for you guys as you wait for His good pleasing and perfect will.
t-pea

The Hartzog's said...

I too love the brown outfits, very nice!! Congrats on approaching the end of school Hosh!! Can't wait to hear where you guys move on to. There are some folks out there about to receive a blessing when ya'll arrive :)

Hollie Carson said...

Smoochee smoocheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
Wooo-hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Great jerb Hoshie and Whoa-Donna (from the oldies song that I always sing to you Donna)!! Wow, doesn't being done with your last class on campus feel fantabuloso? One of these days we'll be there too. But I'm uber sad that soon ya'll will be packing up. So sad. :( Whhaa!

Love the brown matching outfits. Ya'll are soooo soooo cute together. Such a pretty couple!

Donna, are you still running? If you're ever WALKING after it gets cooler, yet before 7:00 (is it ever cool before 7?) then let me know. I'm ready to start walking with Laney in the jogging stroller. I'm ready for FALL so I can go at any time!!!!!

Holls