8.12.2007

Georgia Jaunt

We went home to visit friends and family...the original reason fell through at the last minute...but since all the details were already in place, we headed home anyway. It was great! We took a different and much more scenic route home with a fun pit-stop in Marion, NC to visit SEBTS friends that recently moved there. We love the mountains!

While in Dacula with my mom, I was able to visit some beloved mentors and friends, the Millers. Kevin and Darla are a wee bit older and tons wiser and have provided such a Godly example of a Christian family for me the past few years. Darla mentored me while I was in college and I interned with Kevin in Hebron's student ministry. It was SO WONDERFUL to see them again as they just moved back to Georgia from a few years of ministering in Florida. They are the greatest family ever and I was so happy to see them!

During our scenic drive back to NC, we stopped to look at the Tallulah Gorge. (Yes Mama B, Josh climbed over the safety rail AGAIN!!)

During our many hours in the car, Josh and I have many heartfelt conversations. This trip included the topic of things we would put in our yard if we had infinite wealth. Some of our dreams included: an 80 story building, a roller coaster, a life-size replica of an Alabama play against Penn State, a dig box (for Donna's collection of construction equipment, all painted pink and green), an enclosure for Josh's pet falcon, a lazy river with several pools, and a multi-level go kart race track. Anyone care to share any ideas of what they would put on their homestead with their endless supply of money??

5 comments:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

oh. you went to marion. nice.

for my yard... a drive-thru to my granny's kitchen

:o)

Kim said...

Wow. That is going to take some careful thinking on what to include in my yard. I really have always wanted a farm, complete with hot cowboys. But first thing that came to mind was a huge, huge tank for my pet dolphin. =)

Jenny said...

Maybe because it's so hot, I can't stop thinking about having a waterfall in my yard. But, then again, I think I'd also put you and Josh there, too. (in a house of course).

Joni said...

Oh yeah, tell Josh goal line stand in '79; that would be cool.

I would like to put a zipline and a moving sidewalk between our house and the Tritts'. Zip line down, people mover back up.

JONI :)

Kim said...

Yes, waiting is so difficult. I've not been the one with much patience; I like clear answers. And quite honestly, I usually like it my way. =) It's good for us to need Him so much.
You guys will definitely find something. And it's so nice to have somewhere to go while you're in transition (the basement). That's all it would be- a stop while waiting for the next job.
And your last sentence made me laugh- ugh, too!