Access Denied
We're here! We've been settling into our basement abode and trying to make sense of the sea of storage boxes stacked in the garage. We are having technical difficulties with our internet access downstairs, so I can't post pictures for now but did want to assure our faithful blog readers that we (and all of our belongings) have arrived in Georgia.
Things are kind of hectic right now and we covet your continued prayer support. Due to several circumstances, Josh will be graduating in May rather than December. This isn't a big deal as it's one remaining course he can take online next semester. There was a big budget cut recently, so the social work jobs aren't as plentiful as they normally are in this area. Josh and I remain on the job hunt...I am thinking since Christmas is approaching we can work as Santa's elves at the mall until something more promising works out. God has richly blessed us and we are SO THANKFUL for His continued mercy and provision. We are grateful for the dear family and friends who seem to be very excited about our return home and the great place we have to live until we figure out where God will lead us next.
Josh and I are leaving tomorrow to hike the Appalachian Trail for a few days. For those of you who don't know, he hiked the whole dern thing about 10 years ago. I love the outdoors and all, but I set the limit to four days and convinced Josh that now was not the perfect time to hike the whole A.T. together as he tried to convince me. We are excited to spend some time together where we can clear our heads and really focus on the Lord.
Well, that's my jumbled update. Hope you all have a great week!!
6 comments:
I'm glad to hear yall are all moved in! have fun hiking...smart move not hiking the whole thing...it's getting kinda chili for that:)
I'm glad you guys will have some good quality time together. I'll be praying that it will be a time of rest in the Lord. I do miss you my friend, but I trust that the Lord has awesome things for you both and know that His timing will be perfect in and through it all. Rest in Him.
Oh, man - are you going to be on the trail for Naked Hiking Day?! I hope you have your bandanas ready!
Have fun together - it sounds like a real adventure and a great way to connect with each other in this time of uncertainty. I will be praying for you.
Love you!
p.s. Looking forward to some pics from the hike (not the naked ones though!)
Oh my goodness...I can't believe ur gone...no wonder you weren't at the ERC when I came lookin'..I'm so out of the loop...Congrats to you and Josh and I'm sure things will continue to fall into place for ya'll...until then my love and prayers are still w/ you.
Glad to hear that you're settling in. Ya'll are going to have a wonderful time hiking the AT. It will be good for the two of you.
Hope you settle in nicely! You'll see the blessing soon...
Post a Comment