2.24.2008

With a Banjo on Our Knee

We traveled to Alabama this weekend to visit friends in Birmingham. We had a wonderful time! Jenny and Stephen Riddle are college pals from NGCSU. Stephen and Josh were roommates at "the hollow." We stayed at their lovely home and enjoyed playing with their fun dog, Ella.


We also met up with Aaron and Michele Zakeri. Aaron and I went to high school together and the Zakeris are also fellow NGCSU alumni. (Aaron took Stephen's place at Happy Hollow when Stephen and Jenny got married). We all had dinner together and had a loud and super fun reunion!


And of course we had to browse the Alabama store. Josh was too busy drooling over memorabilia to have his picture taken.

11 comments:

allison said...

looks like you guys had a fun weekend. glad you were able to see some old friends.

Hollie Carson said...

Oh, how fun!!!!!!!!! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

Everyone looks great! I miss ya'll like bonkerz.

Jenny said...

Allison, I'm only going to tell you one more time. We're not old.

Anonymous said...

I dont know what's going on with the tucked in jacket and pushed up sleeve but...whoa.

Kim said...

Silly girl...
"For I went to LOUISIANA with a banjo on my knee..."
But that's okay, I still like your title. =) I'm glad you had fun.

Kim said...

Oh, and thanks. Now that song is stuck in my head.

Jenny said...

Yeah, he was going to Louisiana, but he came from Alabama.

Kim said...

Ha! Ha! LOL!!! You're right- I stand corrected. I'm not worthy; I'm not worthy... =)

Stephanie said...

looks like yall are having fun these days! Live up the traveling ability for me! Loved the hotel shots, even though home was not too far down the road, ATL traffic warrants a great excuse to feel so treated to a nice stay in the city, huh? Never hurts that it was paid for, too!
Much love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Wife,

You are no longer allowed to blog if you keep puttin those awful pics of me on the net for the world to see. You have been warned.

Husband

p.s. No really!

Anonymous said...

Poor Josh! I saw that picture and I just had to take a closer look. I thought it was a jacket.....tucked in. I thought it had sleeves....that were pushed up. Then I looked closer, and I was correct! Donna, I can't believe you'd be so mean! LOL Loved it!