3.30.2008

Runner's World

This past Saturday was the opening day of trout season and Josh was excited! He spent the whole day in Helen, Ga fishing the time away. While Josh was exploring the rivers, I went to see my niece, Shannon, run in her middle school track meet. She got 2nd place in the 2 mile event. Woo hoo, way to go Shannie!!



On Sunday morning I awoke at the ridiculous hour of 4:30am to join my friend Valerie in the ING half marathon here in Atlanta. We and 14,998 other nuts paid money to run in the cold for several hours. :o) I completed my goal of improving my time from the Thanksgiving 1/2 marathon and thank goodness it did not rain! It was cold and overcast, but no rainshowers during the 13.1 miles of our race. It was crowded and crazy, but very fun. Today's course was much more scenic and there were several live bands and musicians among the many cheer-leaders along the side lines.

Then it was off to my celebration steak lunch...not so sure why Josh decided to pose as a psycho killer in this pictre. :o)

6 comments:

kristymasterson said...

I am so proud of you and your running self. You have come a long way from our workouts together in the NGCSU gym.

The Hudgins said...

congrats D pea! you are my hero (ine).

i miss you guys. and josh looks really scary in that last pic. i mean, really.

have a beautiful week, beautiful!

Kim said...

Bet you gobbled up that steak! I bet it was so cold but fun. =)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for being able to run that far... I am way more of a short distance person.... but that last picture is VERY SCARY... if I were you Don, I'd watch your back! :)

Jenny said...

Donna, you're an inspiration. I need to get my running hiney into gear. Hooray for Donna! Hooray for Valerie! Hooray for Heather! Hooray for Donna! Hooray for Donna!

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is my first time experiencing your blog! You sound busy! I will be keeping you and Josh in my prayers and thoughts while he preaches this Sunday! Brenda, Chris' mom, has been putting in a good word for you with the pastor. I hope to see you soon!