3.10.2008

Working. Waiting. Wondering.


The Bennetts are just working away, waiting upon the Lord and wondering what's next! I (Donna) have begun the new-to-me aspect of my job that involves leading family meetings. I can't say that I'm 100% comfortable with this as I pretty much hate speaking in front of anyone, no matter how small the crowd, but I am getting used to it. I continue to truly love my job as I have a blast every day with my co-workers and our work can be amazingly rewarding. Josh is still working at our friend's company and despite the loooong commute, he enjoys the fellowship of working with fun friends. This Sunday Josh will be preaching at a church in Northern Georgia, please be in prayer for him as he prepares and delivers the message God lays upon his heart. There aren't any other details to report in regards to the preaching...we'll keep you posted if any materialize. :o) The house has generated some calls of interest, but no official offers yet. We've been low-key lately, but have a few weekend jaunts planned, so I promise more exciting posts and pics later. Just wanted to check in and offer a quick update to those faithful readers who were alarmed when my typical Sunday Post was M.I.A. Have a great week!
"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

waiting...I feel ya...so hard, but so good.

allison said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Kim said...

Enjoy your public speaking. =) Maybe the more you practice, the more comfortable you'll get.

Lindsey Oliver said...

Hey Donna & Josh -- Just wanted to let you know that today at my baby shower in Hiawassee some of my friends were commenting on the great message they received from the young visiting preacher. I'm not even sure how I put it all together, I guess from having read your blog. Anyways, just wanted to share that your work is contagious and I was happy to say I knew y'all back when. A youth group member was also there and she was really impressed too. Best of luck in your all your endeavors, especially those of the preaching variety. Let me know if/when you're preaching, me and my husband would love to come listen.

Take care,
Lindsey (Parramore) Oliver