4.12.2008

Ticker Trouble

The goal of this post is to seek prayer support for my mom, Judi. This morning, around 3:15am, I got the call that paramedics were rushing my mom to the hospital because she was unable to breathe. Josh and I made a mad dash to make ourselves presentable and headed to Gwinnett Co. We were told my mom's lungs had gathered a large amount of fluid which was in essence choking her and preventing my mom from being able to draw a normal breath. This "fluid incident" as they kept referring to it, has enabled the doctor to diagnose my mom with congestive heart failure. It may sound kinda' doom and gloom, but it's not. It basically means my mom's heart is still weak and compromised from her heart attack one year ago and some new meds and new restrictions will now be put in place to prevent this from happening again. She is in ICU now and we anticipate her being able to return home by Monday at the latest. She is in great spirits as usual and it was so wonderful to be nearby during this family emergency and not have a 6 hour drive between us! I ask that you pray for her heart, for continued healing and protection and wisdom for the doctors. The paramedics told us it was a VERY bad ride to the hospital and they were not sure she would make it, so PRAISE JESUS she is doing so very well right now!! We are humbled by God's greatness and power and I thank you soooo very much for your friendship and support.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

Hello, I found your blog as I clicked from blog to blog to blog. I read this post and wanted you to know that I am praying for your mother and your family.

Anonymous said...

your mom is in our prayers -- all the way in argentina. we love y'all!
los baggett