4.21.2008

Check Yes or No

Macedonia Baptist Church in Hiawassee, Ga checked YES! Josh got "the call" informing him the church voted to approve Josh as their new associate pastor. We are beyond excited and look forward to all the new adventures to come. Josh is finishing up his online classes and graduates in late May. We have been told a generous church member has a vacant house we can stay in while we wait for our house to sell and I will be able to continue my job at Lumpkin DFCS with a kind-of-long-but-super-pretty mountain commute. Please continue praying for houses to sell, not just ours, but also our moms! My mom is placing her home on the market and will join us up in the mountains and Josh's mom is looking to downsize now that she's losing her basement tentants. If you know of anyone looking for a house in Dahlonega, Cumming or Dacula send them our way. :o)

For those of you unfamiliar with Hiawassee, you can go to www.mountaintopga.com to see a little bit more about the area.

16 comments:

Cecilia said...

Awwww, congrats! What an answered prayer for two very patient people!

Anonymous said...

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Kevin for the B's

Lindsey Oliver said...

I had a feeling this would happen!! I'm so excited for you both. Macedonia is so lucky to have you and vice versa. My best to you both. If you need any help settling in, I know all the hot spots. ;)

morgan collins said...

yaaaaayyyy!!!! so exciting! congrats!

Joni said...

Rockin' awesome!

Jenny said...

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Rydel said...

Wow That's great. Cogratulations guys!

Anonymous said...

josh - kevin says "yippppeeeee!!!!!!"
donna - i knew after we talked on the phone forever the other night that Dad was confirming in so many ways that this is the place He wants you to be. we are so excited for y'all and cannot wait to see you in hiawassee when we get home in aug 2009!
los queremos muchisimo,
los baggett

Kim said...

Yea! I'm excited for you as you start your new adventure!

The Hudgins said...

SUPER EXCELLENT NEWS. what an answer to prayer. that church just got a GREAT associate pastor and pastors wife.
love you two.
tara

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your exciting news. Yippee!

Bethany O'Bryant said...

I know we've talked about dinner for a while...and yes we need to get together!!! We are soooo excited for ya'll! And we will be praying for your house to sell!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Bennett Family!! I am so happy for yall! You know what this means... you said as soon as you were out of a basement and into a house... there would be babies in the future... Hip Hip Horray!

Hollie Carson said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeaaaahhh!!!! Oh Donna, I'm so super pumped for you and Josh!!! Wow! Praise the Lord for His provision. I will be praying about all of the houses. You'll love Hiawassee!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats Donna! I'm from Hiawassee. Just about my entire extended family lives either in Hiawassee or Hayesville. You're going to love it up there, it is gorgeous and a lovely little town! I'll have to stop by Macedonia when I'm up one weekend.

HP said...

Yay! I'm so far behind in blog reading but I'm super happy to read this news for you two! God is Good!!! Love,HP