5.10.2008

The Month of May-Hem

This here month of May is quite busy and crazy for the slow-paced lovin' Bennetts. I will be out of town in a different location for each week of this month learning a new computer system for DFCS. Yes it's great, yes it's a positive change, yes I agree with the ability to streamline our work. It's the part of my being chosen as the county representative to help my office with this transition during the month of June that I'm questioning. See, I am not great with computers myself, but I have become the designated co-worker to help fix things for others. My head already hurts. Here is my travel buddy for the month, my tablet computer. Isn't she cute? I call her Tabby. Tabby is an old friend, but I normally don't drag her around with me everywhere I go.

I am beginning to embrace my temporary assignment and am becoming very empowered by envisioning myself as the computer guy from SNL. MOVE!!! :0) The upcoming weeks of training have me all over the place staying in hotels. Last week's training, however, was in Gwinnett so I was able to stay with my mom again. We spent the evenings shopping, sewing and enjoying our shared passion of ice cream!


The one major downfall of training there was the traffic. I had to commute down 316 and 85 south everyday. Ugh! I was so frustrated by the overcrowded roads that I thought taking a picture of the daily mess and posting it on my blog would be therapeutic.

In addition to my whirlwind of work activity, Josh is finishing up his online seminary classes. WOO HOO! I admit to procrastinating when I was in college, but my dear husband always has to push life's limits. Please note the time. Yes, it's P.M.

Josh had a 10 page paper due on May the 9th. He took that due date literally and felt he had until midnight to email it to the professor. What can I say? He did finish it on time, but for most of the day I felt a sympathy panic attack lay just beneath my calm demeanour. Here he is, hard at work. I love his creative L-shaped office desk.

We will be traveling to Wake Forest later this month for Josh's graduation ceremony. We are excited about seeing old friends and celebrating an AMAZING milestone! Please keep Josh in prayer as he has more projects, papers and exams these next 2 weeks. Thanks for reading our lil' update, I gotta run, Tabby and I are headed to the mall.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! We're in WF May 17-26. Do we overlap? Wanna get together?

Cecilia said...

I chuckle a little when I hear you talk about Josh waiting until the last minute! He and Brian are more alike than I realized. I'm dreading his thesis writeup, because I have a feeling he will be working until the very last minute (and I will be proofing =)). Glad to hear things are going well!!

Kelly Ford said...

Dude! Jeffro would email assignments at 11:59 on the day they were due and call it on time. It drove me nuts! So i sympathize! and yes...the traffic blows chunks here!

HP said...

I love that Tabby has a real name. It's more fun to travel with a companion than alone. I can totally feel your 316/85 pain, sister. I'll be thinking of you during this super busy month!

Joni said...

Hey! It will be time for the mtn commute soon enough! Have fun with Josh's graduation - that is awesome!!!! Hope to see you soon. JONI :)

Kim said...

I'm tired just from reading that! =)

Anonymous said...

1. How come Wake Co never gets us those nice, plush rooms your county is providing you on these trips??

2. I cringes at the pic of traffic from the BIG CITY! God bless your heart....

3. Hope your trip to WF is AWESOME!