6.01.2008

Bye Bye Basement

It's official, we are moving to Hiawassee this coming Friday. We are super excited! Today was Josh's first Sunday at MBC and we had a great time with our new church family. Yesterday (Saturday) we took our moms (Judi & Linda) up to Hiawassee for a grand tour and had a blast! We made a stop at Brass Town Bald (the highest elevation point in Ga, a very special place for the Bennett family, and it's about 15 minutes or so from where we will be living).


I loved the flowers in bloom, it was such a beautiful day.


Here is our new church that we officially joined today.

We are beyond blessed that a generous church member is allowing us to stay in an uh-maz-ing home while we wait on our Dahlonega house to sell. They already added our name to the little road sign.

Prepare yourselves. Get ready. This is EXCITING and Josh's absolute most favorite part of the whole house. Our view from the porch...


This afternoon (Sunday) after the homecoming & memorial service, we enjoyed a yummy pot-luck lunch followed up by a sweet visit with Pastor Harold and Ms. Vie. (Senior pastor and his wife). On our way back to Cumming, we stopped by some beautiful spots for nature-gazing and fishing of course!



I must end this lengthy and picture-ful post by saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my amazing husband!! Josh turned thirty-something today. :o)

14 comments:

morgan collins said...

so fun and SO pretty! that is an awesome front porch view!

allison said...

I'm so jealous of the view from your front porch!!!! Also, maybe i'm totally missing something, but why is brasstown bald such a special place?

Sarah said...

So beautiful!!!

Hollie Carson said...

That picture of the trees and super green grass was AMAZING. I'd blow that picture up and frame it!

Kelly Ford said...

Dude! those views are amazing! I hope you have fun getting to know your new church fam and that they minister to you and love on you! I know they will!

HP said...

Um...Love Love Love the picture of the green green grass and the trees. It doesn't even look real. I must go there one day soon!

Anonymous said...

WOW! There's nothing better than being blessed by mother's nature beauty. You are SOOO lucky! Congrats on your new home, new church and new journey!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!!

Unknown said...

That has "Josh & Donna" written all over it. God is so good! Congrats to you and I hope that your church family is a real blessing to you both. I love you and miss you!

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

congrats on the graduation and new job. i'm sure you are pumped about that. we will be prayin for you as you start this new chapter. God bless.
adam

Stephanie said...

so hate it that i missed yall when you were in town for his graduation! :( congrats to him!! that will be us this time next year-finally! :)
love that porch view, and loved the shot of all the trees in perfect rows. that needs to be a postcard or the picture that comes with a frame when you but it! :)
thanks for keeping us updates. tell GA we said hey! :)
steph

Joni said...

Yayee! We are so excited and this awesome new place for y'all! I believe Josh is double 3's now, right? happy b-day!

Joni :)

Ms. Julia said...

Great view! Congrats! I have bad memories of brasstown bald---we took a family trip there and the road up was closed for repair. But dad, being the adventurer that he is, thought it would be fun to walk all the way up AND back, in the summer! We weren't the happiest with him at the end of that long hike!

Kim said...

Where in the world do I start?! Loved all the pictures. Can you stay at this house with the view?! =)
And, your comment on my page was so funny, as usual.

Cecilia said...

What a beautiful place to live! That's one of the things I am excited about NY...trees! Hope the moving goes well.