5.25.2008

Stick a Fork in Him

HE'S DONE!

The beautiful chapel filled with proud family and friends.

I must take a moment to brag on my husband. This seminary season was tough for us for a variety of reasons, but Josh persevered as he felt the Lord's call to ministry. We are so humbled by God's faithfulness to provide Josh with the wisdom, strength, supportive faculty and amazing family to help see him through this difficult but sweetly rewarding journey. God is always faithful to meet our needs and I could blog for hours about all the little things God did for us during this season of our lives!


It's all about feeling important...like tassels on rear view mirrors and taking pictures with the president. :o)


During the reception at Dr. Aiken's house, we were privileged to wander around his personal library. It was amazing! You can see Josh found a riveting book on creation and was immersed in some reading...


We had a super-wonderful time with much-missed friends! We have so many precious pals still in Wake Forest and it was so refreshing to hang out with them.



We LOVE Good Berry's ice cream (frozen custard to be exact) and they are only located in NC. So we ate there three times during our 4 day trip and I had to post a picture to memorialize the concrete. (similar to a blizzard)

Sweet Ms. Betty, a dear friend from FBC, was so kind to let us invade her home for 4 days. We loved hanging out with her family and Josh got to see some of his homies at church on Sunday.


All in all, it was a fabulous trip--we're exhausted but so happy! Josh now has an official diploma and a fancy frame to hang in his new office, along with his Charles Spurgeon bobble head. Yep. Those are the kinds of things you can buy at a seminary book-store.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Josh congratulations!!! I know you're both excited to be done with seminary.

Kelly Ford said...

CONGRATS~! I know its a huge accomplishment for Josh but also for you! It's so nice to see our hubby's be successful in all they attempt! Looks like yall had a blast! Great Job, josh! Oh, and i'm glad he let you post a few "approved" pics of him!

Anonymous said...

No Dr. Aiken bobblehead??!!SEBTS is missing out on a goldmine! :)

Congrats Josh!
Kevin, Laura, and Cylia

HP said...

Yay! What an accomplishment! In the words of Alice Cooper...School's out forever! (hmmmm, maybe that's an inappropriate rocker when speaking of graduating from seminary...)

allison said...

I'm so excited for you guys and I know there is a sense of relief to finally be done. One day we too will join you in this success. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet up with you guys. It was a long weekend with late nights. I'm glad I was able to see you briefly after the ceremony. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

This is a huge milestone for BOTH of you! Way to go, Josh, for sticking it out and working so hard. Way to go, Donna, for sticking by Josh and working alongside of him on this journey. Now full-time ministry will begin and a new chapter will be written. We cannot wait to see what Dad will write!
We love and appreciate you two so much!!!
Felicitaciones!
Un abrazo grande,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Josh! Finishing school, getting a job.... maybe this is the year for Josh :)

Jenny said...

Wow. I'm trying to figure out what to say, reflecting on my own challenging times in seminary. It's been amazing to see God's grace in your lives as He's given you the strength to push on when it would have been so much easier to quit. Congratulations! You both deserve great big bear hugs. We'll have to arrange that soon.

Hollie Carson said...

I love that picture of Josh and Laney! How more perfect are those smiles?