7.14.2008

It's just so hard...

to say goodbye....to yesterday.... Go ahead. Admit it. All of my 3 blog readers are now singing along with Boyz II Men. This past weekend I was in Dacula helping my mom prepare to move and watching my niece and nephew swim at their qualifying meet for State. To understand my nostalgia you should know that the house my mom is selling is where I lived from age 11 until I officially moved out after college. Lots of fun memories. And I was a swimmer from age 6 through 18. Yes, I was even on my high school's team. So being at the swim meet was fun and totally took me back to my childhood summers.



I also drove past good ol' Dacula High a few times and attended church with my mom at Hebron. Loved my time at that school and church. Loved it! I was strolling down memory lane this weekend and as our human brains automatically do, I only remembered the fun and carefree times and chose to delete the emotional roller coaster and crazy difficult times associated with adolescence and growing up. Not to mention we watched old family movies with my Great Aunt Mary Lou. I am so thankful to have my awkward middle school days memorialized in the form of a video. Ugh!

Last Thursday we had our pastor and his wife and the owners of the home in which we are staying over for some dessert and coffee. (Doesn't that sound so grown-up and hostess-like?) Here are the ladies--

And here are the men talking about cars, sports and fishing.

It rained during their visit and then mist rose from the mountains and the sun set. It was so beautiful and the pictures just don't do it justice. Isn't God amazing?!


And I'll close with a pic of sweet Sugar and her favorite hobby--trying to find someone to fetch with her. She loves the porch and the home's fetching layout. She prefers tennis balls, but I hid those in a basket on a shelf, so she always grabs her trusty ol' frisbee.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You were in Dacula this weekend and I was in Hiawassee! Too funny. Every time I pass by Dacula High I feel all those memories rushing back too!

Kim said...

Yeah, I seem to only remember the good memories from high school. I know it couldn't have been that good, though. =)

Kelly Ford said...

I love the pic of the old men on the porch. I know your hubby's young, but it seems he may have a bit of an old soul. More pics of Sugar, pls!

Unknown said...

And I'll leave you with another song.... 8th grade chorus here we come.... *Memories..... All alone in the moonlight* Do you remember that one?

morgan collins said...

I never knew you were on the swim team...actually I didn't even know dacula had a swim team...good to know:)

HP said...

Can I send Cash to your house so Sugar can teach him to play fetch properly? We're having a hard time with "drop it".

Stephanie said...

you and your proverbial 3 blog readers--yeah right!?! look at all of your comments each time...:)
i love reading your blog, b/c i love your sense of humor, too.
we were in dacula last weekend, too. i do miss the north GA mountains though...
much love, friend.
stephanie