No Fair
To change the blog-update-day with no notice to my many fans. For that, I do apologize. Now that we have amazing wireless internet at home, Wednesday has become my new designated blog day. And since I'm the least spontaneous girl in the world with a daily planner as my constant companion, daylight savings time can again be determined by my blog updates.
The Georgia Mountain Fair is here and we made our first venture onto the fairgrounds last night with a fun family from church. After half a loop through the booths, it began to rain. Hard. So we missed out on the puke inducing rides and obligatory funnel cake, but we did have a home cooked dinner and heard a great concert. Here are some photos I captured right before the storm--I know I looked like a foreign tourist, but it's simply the price that must be paid to capture fun memories.
We needed the rain, so no complaints were made as we hung out and talked under a porch covering til the music began. Jim Wood was one of the featured artists, another church member. Here he is, jammin' out--
After that, we visited at the Hedden home where Josh secured his place in the boys' hearts by playing guitar hero...a game he seriously loves.
I introduced the family to our blog during the visit and Sterling and I arranged a cowboy photo shoot which I promised would be featured on the blog. So Sterling, here's to you buddy...
All of my life I've met few other Donnas. But there are TWO other Donnas within our new church family. Here is one of the other gals lucky enough to have such a cool name.
Josh has been working very hard on plans for a youth room makeover of which before and after pictures are promised. This weekend we are heading to the Baptist Children's Home for some painting and picnicing which will certainly be fun. Mom is moving here in about a week and a half which will be very exciting. We covet your prayers for our youth, church and family as we finish up a busy summer. Now that you've gotten your weekly Bennett-blog-fill you can stop checking to see if we've updated. :o)
5 comments:
Do we need to come visit to ensure you get a ride on the tilt-a-whirl?
I'm glad you gave me a heads up on the changing of the blog update day. Otherwise I would have had withdrawals the past 2 days wondering what happened to my favorite blog...
I've been wondering where you were all week...don't worry us like that again!
yay for the fair...I LOVE the fair!
Bummer, missing the puck inducing rides must have really lte you guys down...I know it would have for me. Looks liek you had fun anyway!
Donna...you don't just look like a foreigner taking pictures...you are a foreigner. Daculans in Hiawassee...I'm surprised that you didn't have to present a passport. Glad you're back to blogging. I thought I might have to remove your link. ;)
Yea, you're back! I'm like a once every two months blogger, but you, dedicated =).
Post a Comment