Fat Girl Fun
I have 3 high school BFFs who are still dear to my heart and I love our get togethers! We have such a fun time catching up and being girls. It can be so refreshing to spend time with people who knew me by my maiden name first and also when I had bangs that made a full 360 degree circle on the top of my head...and loved me despite my poor hairstyle decisions. At one point during our four years of carefree high school living we began to call ourselves "the fat girls." I believe this occurred during a semester of weight training when we did very little weight training and more giggling and boy-spying. Let me please clear up any concerns over poor body image--we realize that we are indeed NOT fat--though we do recognize the sad fact that we cannot have our 16 year old metabolism back and feel the nickname more fitting now than 10 years ago. Anywho, even when we were all little sticks, the name stuck and has presented great opportunities for very creative Christmas gifts to one another. I am very mad that our scanner is not cooperating with me as my picture of a picture doesn't show the true beauty captured during our senior year spring break trip.
Rae, Becca and Steph came up for the weekend and my precious husband happily drove us all around Hiawassee and even took the ladies for a quick hike up Brass Town Bald. Here we are on the tower and on a train in the museum.
Once Josh was released from host-duty he went fishing while we did what us girls do best...talk, talk and talk. After a fun cook-out supper we settled in for a good sappy romance movie and I really expected my mom to come around the corner and tell us to keep it down. I love these ladies to pieces and am beyond thankful we've kept our fatty bond through the years!
7 comments:
high school friends are the best! I love it!
ps...I also had a 360 degree bang hair-do. yet another thing we have in common:)
How fun! i bet y'all had a blast!!
Fun times with high school friends! Those are the best!
Y'all do make the rockin' world go round. I'd love to see some of those 80s bangs pictures!
man, i'm so glad yall have stayed in touch! Looks like yall had fun. And we are all grateful to those friends who stuck by us in the baD hair days! :-)
man, you girls were the "younger ones" for me--i feel old. so good to see their faces! how are they doing? fun times--i never talk to my HS groupies...
that is cool that josh got to do some of his first baptisms...i remember when larry got to do that for the first time too...in fact there is a picture right here on our desk--it was his MOM! PTL!
SL
I'm so glad y'all still get together. =)
Post a Comment