10.22.2008

Gold Rush 2008

For those blog-stalkers who are not familiar with the joys of Gold Rush, let me take a brief moment to explain. The Gold Rush Days Festival takes place every year, on the 3rd weekend of October in Dahlonega, Ga. Dahlonega is where our college, NGCSU, is located and where we met. This is also the town where our little cottage is for sale and where I still work. It's a fun time where we gather with college buds, tour craft booths and eat all the fair-like food we can.

My BFF Brandi was in town to see family and attend Gold Rush with us. We had a slumber party.

Then we headed to D-town for some holy spuds and great fellowship with amazing friends.




On a side note, the youth room is nearing completion. Here are some updated pics of Josh's hard work!





I asked him to pretend preach for blog purposes and this is what I got.

7 comments:

allison said...

The youth room looks really cool. Glad you had a great time at Gold Rush. You did send Brandi back up north, right?

Stephanie said...

fun times! brandi was just telling me about yall's time tonight. since our anniversary is in october, and our fav. b & b is in dahlonega, we miss it greatly this time of year! jealous. :)
you are looking so cute preggo--you must be feeling better, loving your snicker's ice cream bars--wish i had one right now to try!
LOL.
*the youth room looks AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! At first I was going to say "I wish I was in college again." and THEN I saw the pics of the new digs and now - "I wish I was in HIGH SCHOOL again!!!" Everything looks really awesome. Plus I think Josh is really cool (and you too, Donna). You guys are sure to be making a big impact on a lot of young lives. How cool!

morgan collins said...

nice...I'm glad he brings the thunder when he preaches to those youngins!

Joni said...

I like the carpet squares in the youth room!

The Hudgins said...

i love the toilet!!! just kiddin. josh is such a goon.

and SNIFF SNIFF, the pics of gold rush make me so wish we could've come. it is my goal to come next year for SURE. we've missed 2 years in a row.

i love you d pea!

THE STANCIL FAMILY'S BLOG said...

You look beautiful! Positively Glowing! Youth Room looks great too!