Poppy's Football Debut
Poppy and I rested up all week so we could attend the Towns County Homecoming Football game last Friday. Unbeknown to me, they were playing Hebron Christian Academy, the school associated with my home church. So while we cheered on the players and the super hot chaplain in the gray fleece...
I also looked around for familiar faces. And I found one, my high school Sunday School teacher who was there to cheer on her son who plays for HCA. How fun!
I also sat with some of our precious youth girls during the game and they excitedly pointed out that this time next year, Poppy would be at the game with us and when we scored they could throw her up into the air to celebrate. I learned two things from that conversation. 1. all of the girls are adamant that we're having a girl and 2. they can never be allowed to babysit. :o)
Josh and Sugar went on a refreshing hike Monday in order for Josh to think, pray and relax. He's been super busy as Pastor Harold had double knee replacement surgery a week or so ago and Josh has been "running the ship." He loves it and is doing a FANTASTIC job!!
I am now 14 weeks along in this Poppy journey and we head back to the doctor on Monday. We can't wait to see how big he / she is now!! We'll be sure to share all we learn about Poppy next week.
7 comments:
"super hot chaplain"--very cute.
when i was pregnant, the middle school boys that i taught had big plans to take the baby to play paint ball, among other things. it's fun to have the kids excited with you, though!
It sounds like you're feeling a lot more like yourself again! Was that Deb? How fun, I haven't seen her in forever!! Can't wait to hear more Poppy updates! BTW Poppy sounds MUCH better than our "Bubba Earl" :)
is Sugar jealous of Poppy, yet?
That sounded like quite an interesting football game! Please don't let those girls throw your child around like a ball. I will come all the way to babysit! And, did Josh take those mtn. pics, b/c those are some PRETTY leaves!
That photo with the leaves could be a postcard or a background on a desktop. Gorgeous!! We do live in a blessed area, for sure!
So who won the football game? I'm glad you got to go!!
Hey guys, congrats on the pregnancy. It seems like it has been forever since I spoke to you last. Hope all is well, we will be prayin for you guys with the baby on the way.
Adam
Post a Comment