12.17.2008

O Little Town of Hiawassee

Our church had a drive-thru nativity this past week and we were part of the "no room at the inn" scene. We were Mary and Joseph. Of course we appeared as the plus-size version b/c the weather was SUPER cold and we had 3 layers of clothes underneath our costumes.

And we don't mess around with those cardboard cut out animals. Here is Dan the donkey, he was part of our scene as well.

And here is Josh mingling with the other actors.


Over the weekend we had some outdoor adventures. We went on a hike and saw these super-cool icicles.


And then I wanted to see some baby cows that belong to a friend and we were taken into the "nursery" where 5 first-time mamas were with their calves. So cute!


I tried to capture our tree, but I assure you it's much prettier in person. And over the fireplace is our home made wreath! We're so crafty.


Poppy is growing steadily (along with his/her mama) and doing well. We went for a check up this week, the heartbeat was strong and all was good. Poppy is crazy active and moving around all the time. That's the Bennett update for this week!

3 comments:

morgan collins said...

all your decorations look pretty!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

Sorry we missed you guys while we were in Hiawassee! It was so nice being up there b/c it was so foggy and we got to lay on the couch by the fire for like 2 full days. It was much needed! I love the tree. I laughed when I saw the pic. I think b/c of all the little sprigs stiking out in all directions.

Jenny said...

How fun! The house looks lovely, as well as the cow. We miss you guys!