Nursery Rhymes
Good news! At my doctor's appmt on Monday my BP was high, but not higher. So he is allowing me to work a few more weeks. My last day of work will be Feb. 13th. And today I saw my general physician who used a manual BP cuff and my BP wasn't even high, so praise the Lord!
In order to create the nursery we had to move some of the previous owner's furniture in the basement in order to make room for the guest bedroom furniture in that basement room in order to create Poppy's room in the former guest room upstairs. Confused? Me too. But thankfully we had some great helpers who made the process of switching around 3 rooms of furniture only take about one hour.
Poppy's room is still a work in progress, so I photographed some of my favorite elements to share rather than the entire room. You'll have to be patient on those photos.
Here is a tribute to our dads who are both in heaven. The verse is a Psalm about a father's love. Larry and newborn Josh are in the top pic and David and newborn Donna are in the lower one.
This is my grandmother when she was a baby.
This is an exquisite piece of artwork that was done by an extraordinarily talented artist. In case you can't read the title, it's "Where Does the Sky End?" by Donna Christenson, grade 3. I think it's worth well over $10,000.
Fun shelves with fun stuff on them.
The quilt my mom made out of embroidered squares from her baby quilt.
And here is another belly shot. Whenever I wear this random pink shirt I feel it shows my belly REALLY well. I've given up on finding the "best angle" for these pictures b/c I feel as big as a house no matter how the photo is taken! Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful as it means Poppy is healthy and growing.
9 comments:
Oh Donna, how precious! I love the pics of family in the room. You look really cute too, I hope I wear my belly that well when I get there =)
I love the dads pics. You look great Don!
awww I LOVE all the stuff on the walls! so precious!
The decor looks so sweet and meaningful. You look great, too! And not much longer til you can put your feet up all the time - that will be very nice!
I love the room - and you're perfect little belly! Can't wait for BABY!!
awww, donna you are going to love being a mommy. the nursery looks so sweet. i love the tribute to your dads.
it's been way too long. i cannot wait for you guys to experience the thrill of parenthood!
The nursery decor is awesome and so meaningful. I have several of mine and Jace's old things in Luke's room, too. I look forward to being able to tell him stories about his Mommy and Daddy when they were little.
Big praise for the not-higher blood pressure. The end is in sight! You'll be such a wonderful little Mommy.
I love all of it! I have to admit, I did think for a minute if those shelves are really slanted and if they are, how does the stuff not fall off. I also love the bunny and how he has no back legs. It's actually very cute!
Love the tribute to the Grandpa's.
Donna, you look AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment