1.14.2009

Experiencing God

This past weekend our church hosted a kick off to the Experiencing God Bible Study by Henry Blackaby. Volunteers from 8 different states came and led us in a Spirit-filled time of teaching sessions, group discussions and fun meals with new friends. The church members spent a great deal of time bathing this weekend in prayer which was evident as we saw some exciting things happen as the weekend drew near.

Two precious children accepted Christ into their hearts and their excitement and joy was so contagious! We also had a wonderful time of sharing testimonies on Sunday night. It was such a sweet time that drew our church family closer together.

The Lord spoke to my heart and I was even brave enough to share Sunday night. (Despite my big mouth, I detest speaking in front of groups). I came to the sad realization that what I refer to as an "organized and orderly personality" really means I like to have control of things. And when I can't control it I tend to pout and ignore it rather than spend time in prayer and trusting in God's plans.

This was especially convicting as Poppy's birth draws near and I tend to worry about things that are totally out of my hands. I could list a zillion examples of my bad habit, but the important thing is the fresh awareness I have and the motivation to change my ways.

I am striving to spend more time with the Lord in prayer and Bible study and to truly release my burdens to Him. I need to actively acknowledge the "problems" that I have been pushing aside and subconsciously worrying over and spend time praying over them and relying on the Holy Spirit to replace my heavy burden with His light yoke.

As for the Poppy update, I did go to the doctor on Monday. Poppy's heartbeat is good and strong and he / she is moving around well. The bad news is that my blood pressure is elevated. I go back again on the 26th (I go every 2 weeks now) and if it is still elevated, I will have to quit work earlier than anticipated, possibly at the end of this month. If that doesn't work, then bed rest. I have been borrowing my mom's blood pressure monitor and I'm not seeing much progress. So my prayer is obviously for the health and safety of Poppy, but I also really really really don't want bed rest nor do I want this to turn into preeclampsia. So if you think of me and Poppy, please send up some prayers on our behalf!

4 comments:

Kelly Ford said...

I'm praying!! And i'm super excited about this fresh view you have... the Lord has been working on my heart as well... a blog coming soon about it. Anyhoo... i'm praying for your health. And NO bedrest!!

Unknown said...

Donna, you and Poppy are in my prayers!

Hollie Carson said...

Alright Donna,
I have some advice for you and you can take it or leave it. If you want to avoid preeclampsia, you need to be eating as much protein as you can stomach. It's a diet called Dr. Brewer's Pregnancy Diet. Basically he was a Dr. that never saw one case of pre-eclampsia in his office FOR THIRTY YEARS if these women followed the Brewers Diet. Talk about amazing!Preeclampsia comes from poor nutrition to grow a baby. I'll post a link below, but here are some things to start with:

1.) Eat 80-100 grams of protein every day.

2.) Eat 2 eggs and 1 quart of milk every day (4 cups, a cup being 8 oz)

3.) One milk serving = 1 cup of liquid milk or
8 oz of yogurt or
1 oz of hard/semi-soft cheese or
1/2 cup cottage cheese

4.) Eat four servings of whole grains a day

http://nutrition.birthingnaturally.net/brewerslideshow/brewerdiet_files/frame.htm

The Hudgins said...

hey donna, as a 2 time pre-e preggers person, i really hope you dont get it. bedrest for a month was very stinky, and being on the meds during delivery was zero fun. drink lots of water, watch your salt, keep your feet up after work. make josh wait on you!!!!

love you girl. this post was very encouraging. our personalities are similar. thanks so much for sharing.

miss you guys.