1.07.2009

Happy New Year

We rang in the new year with some great pals from the olden days. Kai and Josh lived in the famed Happy Hollow House (along with other manly men) back in our glorious NGCSU years. Lisa and I became buds through BSU and she played the piano at our wedding.

They came up for the night and we had tons of fun playing Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase. (Is it just me or are they marketing word association games for adults in attempt to make Americans smarter?) I was impressed with my ability to stay up until 1am, it was definitely one of my latest nights since Poppy began growing in my womb.

The first day of the new year consisted of cinnamon rolls and a hike to the top of Brass Town Bald.







Poppy continues to grow and wiggle around. There are times now that the kicks and punches catch me by surprise, it sure is a strong lil' baby! The countdown is on, about 3 more months to go. We will begin assembling the nursery soon which is exciting. I still have no intuition as to the gender. Josh is saying boy and Sugar is saying puppy. We head to the doctor on Monday for our next appointment so I'll give the Poppy stats next week.

Hope you are all enjoying 2009!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry we couldn't come, too! I'm excited that Poppy will be here fairly soon!

Unknown said...

It's getting so close!!

Unknown said...

yay for poppy! How far along are you now - I somehow lost track! Hope you and Josh are doing great!

Hollie Carson said...

Doh! We were going to call ya'll because we wanted to ring in the new year with the fun Bennett's, but we figured since it was Wed night, ya'll were at church with the youth. We were just sitting at Laquita's and I think I went to bed early. I won't assume again.
We miss ya'll.

The Hartzog's said...

So I'm impressed with the hike to the top of Brasstown Bald. At 7 months pregnant with sciatica, that doesn't excited me :)
Any guesses on the gender with the baby's heart beat?
Kimberly