When All Else Fails...
...talk about your baby. Here's a blurb on Poppy's latest developments...
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
I love this stage of development. It's like being told I NEED to eat ice cream for the health of my baby!
This may be a new low in my blogging. Two posts in a row without pictures. I do think it's a good respite though, because I'm betting in a few short months that is all our blog posts will be. :o)
Josh went skiing with the youth group over the MLK holiday in Boone, NC at a Student Life Conference. I was scheduled to go, but based on the blood pressure, I stayed home to rest up with Sugar. We watched two chick flicks I could never convince Josh to see and began dismantling the guest room in preparation to convert it into the nursery.
Josh forgot to take our camera, so I've no photographic proof of their fun, but I was assured they all had a great time! I was just happy all returned home safe and sound. I had visions of my caring for a newborn and a hubby with a broken leg. Shew. Ultimate disaster avoided.
I see the doctor on Monday and will find out if I can continue working or not. The 3rd trimester exhaustion is beginning to creep in, so I've not the energy nor brain power to argue with him at this point. Until next week...
4 comments:
I have been praying for you. I hope you get good news at your appointment next week. I know that the thought of bed rest is no good! Take care and rest up!!
I also hope that you get good news soon! So, what is the default for people sans chilrens.
Been thinking about you! Hope all goes well on Monday.
How was your appointment? Do I have to wait until Wed to find out? Please say no.
Post a Comment