2.11.2009

I Love My Job

Even though investigating and preventing child abuse can be unpredictable and apparently doesn't mix well with pregnancy-high-blood-pressure, I truly love my job. The main reason I do, though, is my wonderfully unique mix of co-workers. We have so much fun in the midst of some seriously depressing situations! That makes us sound weird I suppose. I admit case managers are a strange breed.

We like jokes and pranks.


Accidentally dressing alike.

Pretending to be Flavor Flave.

And doing our community service.


This is my precious and irreplaceable unit that I will truly miss seeing every day! God blessed me with such dear friends who are not simply co-workers but genuine friends that I know Poppy will enjoy getting to know as we drive over the mountain to visit once he or she is here. :o)

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad y'all can have fun! I think you have to do that- keep the mood light b/c you're dealing with heavy stuff!

Unknown said...

Seriously, you do a job that I don't think that I could Ever do! At least you love it!! BTW I think it would be real fun to get a new group pic with your co workers holding a preggo Donna!!

Bethany O'Bryant said...

I agree, I could never do your job, how blessed you are do work with such fun and wonderful people. And how exciting that your about to start a new adventure! You look great, by the way!

Cecilia said...

Y'all look like a close knit group! I'm sure Poppy will enjoy getting to know them as well.

April said...

I TOTALLY understand what you mean. I did my internship at Lumpkin and then accepted a position with Catoosa. I felt bad for turning down my offer from Lumpkin, but I soon realized I made the best decision. My entire unit was made up of young, single girls (I was one too at the time). We would work late and then go to dinner together almost every night. I'm still really good friends with a few of them and every now and again we have DFCS reunions because none of us work there anymore. You've got to find some humor and fun at DFCS or you won't survive!

Stephanie said...

you are always the life of the party-or the office!
when are you due, girl?!
can't wait til i check in on here and see baby pictures! for now, maommy pictures and shower stuff is fun, too! LOL.:)