4.28.2009

Springtastic

The Bennetts have been lovin' the spring weather. The girls (being Sugar, Marah and myself) simply enjoy the sunshine and being outdoors. The boy is addicted to fly fishing.

Josh and one of our youth spent the afternoon fishing. I think Josh took him along so when I asked how long he'd be gone he could answer, "I'm not sure, I mean I AM mentoring a student."



Mothering has been going well, I love it! I wondered if my days would pass slowly, but that's definitely not the case. I can't believe my sweet little girl is now 1 month old and no longer a "newborn" but rather an "infant".

She got a stellar report at her check up. She is 21 inches long and 9 lbs, 1 oz. Yes. She has gained a bit. Apparently she gained double what is expected of her. What can I say? She's a champion nurser and I apparently have super milk. Besides, we happen to think the double chin and full belly are quite cute.



Marah has smiled quite a few times, but not yet fully on purpose. I tried to get a few more shots in her Easter dress and captured a kind of smile and a big fat yawn. I am apparently a very boring photographer.



Ever since her bili-lights experience, she has developed the skill of holding in her own paci. It's so cute.


And I will close with a humorous confession. Josh and I realized that we do not know the words to many nursery rhymes or baby songs. We are good Christians and sing Jesus Loves Me and other praise and worship songs, but we have caught ourselves creating the most hilarious songs when trying to comfort her. Josh has been belting out a catchy tune of "Marah the most beautiful baby" and I've been known to sing a song consisting of only one word: butter-bean. I hope she still turns out okay.

7 comments:

allison said...

It's very rare for us to sing an actual song or tell an actual "kiddy" story to McKinley. Our made up songs are mostly G rated and tend to repeat a lot as well. She'll love the imaginative part of her parents as she grows older and realizes that she too can make up these fun worlds in which to play. At least, that's what we keep telling ourselves.

Heather Cheatham said...

It's amazing how much we forget, I can't even get them right and I sing them at school (or avoid the ones I can't remember!) Just google it- then at least you can come up with a few new tunes! And super cute pics!

Unknown said...

the made-up songs are the BEST! I love these sweet pictures - you guys sure do have a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

Number One: Maybe Marah needs to lay off the super milk. We do not need a chubby one in the fam.
Number Two: You know we need an Intervention for Josh's fly fishing problem.
Number Three: Marah is for real the cutest baby ever. For now at least unitl I have a child. :)

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite memories will always be the songs that Jeremy made up to sing to Avery. It is so sweet. The made up ones are much better than the real ones.
Lori

Lindsey Oliver said...

She gorgeous, Donna! Congrats on one month!

Stephanie and Chris Hunnicutt said...

She's so beautiful! Wow, one month! She looks bigger than when we were there last week! I think you make pure cream, not milk.