Nesting
There's a lot of it going on around here. Personally, I think it's for the birds.
Josh left his fishing vest to dry on the porch and in just a few hours, a bird was making her new home. Maybe she left a few worms in the bottom of the pocket that will come in handy during his next fishing trip.
I don't have a witty transition into the cute baby pics that I know most of you stalk our blog for, so I'll get right down to business.
Marah made her first trip into Atlanta. She was soooo excited.
We met up for our Mother's Day lunch a few days early. Josh's mom was there too, but the picture of all of us was really bad of me. And since this is my blog I am allowed to be vain.
Marah continues to grow and change every day. She has had a few nights that she only woke once or twice to eat. We cherish those nights. I took the baby sling out of the bathtub and Marah has a blast kicking around and splashing water.
I tried a new hair style after the bath. Future blackmail material for certain.
Marah loves her tummy time. And I think her boyfriend has some serious competition with the bright green turtle and frog on the mat.
The other morning after Marah woke up, I un-swaddled (is that a word?) her and she laid around cooing and smiling at the ceiling fan for a good 45 minutes. It was precious.
And just cause it's cute, I have to post this other shot of her polite lil' hands clasped as she stared at the fan. Again.
We've not made mention of our eldest child, Sugar, in quite some time. She's really doing well and other than being sleepy for about a week, hasn't acted any differently since we brought Marah home.
BenneCyber wants to give a great big shout out to all you mamas in honor of Mother's Day. Now I finally understand what all the big fuss is about and why there is a national holiday to honor us moms. :o)
9 comments:
Great blog Donna!! Marah is absolutely adorable. She just makes me smile. :)
Good to see ole Sugar!
Miss you!
She is changing so much already... I love her little cheeks! So cute! Happy first Mother's Day!
She is getting SOOO big! I remember Jasper loving the ceiling fan, too. No need to buy expensive toys. Get ready for a metal bowl and wooden spoon too - that was hit entertainment here as well around 6 months.
Happy mothers day, Donna! Marah is getting so big... and she's SO cute. And have I told you that I LOVE her name? Anyhoo... thanks a million for the advice the other day. It seems (for last night and today at least) that she's falling into a pattern (eat, wake, sleep). I think she has finally "woken up" to the world and its easier to keep her awake, now.
Well, dear, your blog is precious and I love when you update!!!
I love your blogs. This one is terrific. I love that you are vain too and only post good pictures of yourself on the blog - it's only a right since you are the owner of this domain. Marah (sounds like Sarah) is so, so, so cute! I need to see you (and her) soon!
I love the bath tub shot!
i feel updated! i loved seeing the pics. lucas in one arm limits my comment length. i'm going to call you soon! love you 3! laura
Donna - she is just getting more and more beautiful! Hope to see you guys sometime! Keep us updated!
donna, she is precious. i can't believe how big she is already. you are an awesome mom!
Post a Comment